Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2008   #1
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
GTA's Manhattan Mural: Huge wanted poster of Niko

(Click to get the full size)

And it's a huge one. The work is still in progress.

http://kotaku.com/362988/gtas-manhattan-mural

Also, another picture is available from Ian David @ Flickr

Final figure:

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.

Last edited by Asif; 03-10-2008 at 01:04 PM..
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #2
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Is that the same building that was used before ?
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #3
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Yeah, I guess so. They replaced it over Lola.

Old 03-03-2008   #4
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
nice - i wish they had a time lapse video of this one!
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #5
Asif
Moderator =)

There's also another picture of it available on Flickr, I've edited with the link on the first post. We'll probably have to keep refreshing his page for next few days.

Last edited by Asif; 03-03-2008 at 01:39 PM..
Old 03-03-2008   #6
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
It's the same building, but Kotaku says it's on the corner of Canal & Spring, which never even meet, running in the same direction. The building is on Canal & Greene.

Something I noticed: Niko is wanted for "Grand Theft Auto" like those very first versions of the wanted posters that were found, instead of the newer ones for "Assault with a deadly weapon".
Old 03-03-2008   #7
Asif
Moderator =)

Yeah, I got what you mean - the posters Vortigern posted few months back. Except that, they're using different picture of Niko this time (and may be different description of crime?)

Old 03-03-2008   #8
tmac9wr

tmac9wr is on a distinguished roadtmac9wr is on a distinguished road
It looks like they're using the picture that is on the Liberty City Police Department section of the Official Website.

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/down...D-71-06835.pdf
tmac9wr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif View Post
Yeah, I got what you mean - the posters Vortigern posted few months back. Except that, they're using different picture of Niko this time (and may be different description of crime?)

Yeah I'm aware of the different picture thing

By the looks of this mural though, just the layout of it thus far, I believe it's going to lack a description, which wouldn't make much sense to any random person anyway.
Old 03-03-2008   #10
Petro
Hm?

Petro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura about
Daym!
This better not turn out like Halo 3... The biggest over hype EVER and a game that isn't so great after a you play it.

MSN - fertro9543@hotmail.com
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #11
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Well I've never read any of Halo 3's previews, but I'm sure if I had and compared them to the feedback GTA IV is getting, this will not be an overhype
Old 03-03-2008   #12
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
good point by slim. With these hands on previews were getting from both PS3 and Xbox 360.
It is these people's job to judge how a game is. So if it really did suck, and it really wasnt that good looking.
We would have surely heard about it by now.
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #13
NikoteenBellic

NikoteenBellic is on a distinguished roadNikoteenBellic is on a distinguished road
Cool find, I wish I could get a pic of me and my friends in front of that wall. It would make for a cool sig.

Oh, and I agree with Slim and Monkio. Halo was hyped by all the fanboys and I'm sure they weren't let down. I didn't care much for Halo 1 or 2, probably cus I was scepticle (closed minded) about any system Sony didn't make and didn't believe Xbox would last long.
When GTAIV is released, I'm sure some poeple will think it didn't live up to the hype, but those same people don't eat, shit, and bleed GTA, like me. Even if you follow every preview, I'm sure the amount of new features will be a pleasent surprise.

Last edited by NikoteenBellic; 03-03-2008 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: Didn't want to post twice in a row.
NikoteenBellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #14
The_Patient

The_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enough
I wonder if the choice of building has any relevance, I.e some scenario/mission takes place around this building in the actual game. Because they've used the same building twice, And as far as I know no other buildings have huge things up on them.

Either that or it's the only place they could find/afford/that they liked.
The_Patient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #15
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Patient View Post
I wonder if the choice of building has any relevance, I.e some scenario/mission takes place around this building in the actual game. Because they've used the same building twice, And as far as I know no other buildings have huge things up on them.

Either that or it's the only place they could find/afford/that they liked.
I was wondering the same thing. Should be intresting to see.
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote