Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2008   #1
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Xbox.com -- Official GTA IV Sweepstakes!

Okay just now seeing this so I'm going straight to the point.

Quote:
Prize Information

On or about April 23, lucky winners will be chosen from all entries to receive the following prizes:
  • Four Grand Prizes: Four winners will score a four-day/three-night trip for two to New York City to attend the Xbox LIVE Gold Grand Theft Auto IV Launch Party.
  • One Hundred First Prizes: Custom Xbox 360 Elite console
  • Two Thousand Second Prizes: A Rockstar baseball bat
  • Five Thousand Third Prizes: 500 Microsoft Points
  • Three Thousand Fourth Prizes: 1000 Microsoft Points
  • Two Thousand Fifth Prizes: 1600 Microsoft Points
  • Five Thousand Sixth Prizes: One-month Xbox LIVE Gold subscription
  • Three Thousand Seventh Prizes: Three-month Xbox LIVE Gold subscription
  • Two Thousand Eighth Prizes: One-year Xbox LIVE Gold subscription
Link -- Xbox.com

You must be 18 or older and have a valid gamertag linked to a Windows Live ID to enter. This is a US-only contest at the moment.

Link -- Official Rules

This is running from March 01 to April 14, 2008. Winners will be chosen at random on April 23. Go go go!

Last edited by phreak; 03-02-2008 at 05:16 PM..
phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Could of at least said it was US only.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #3
NikoteenBellic

NikoteenBellic is on a distinguished roadNikoteenBellic is on a distinguished road
Awsome. I hope I win. Maybe just second place. It sounds weird but I wanna be at home the second this things released. But the launch party would probably allow early veiwings.
NikoteenBellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #4
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
Could of at least said it was US only.
Jah I've been trying to update as I've found information. I just entered so *knock on wood* I hope get something good

Nikoteen: Wutwut? The launch party would be insane, meeting all the R* execs and even playing the game before anyone else. Sa-weeeeet.
Old 03-02-2008   #5
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
God damn 18 and over

I'd want that baseball bat more than anything. It's one of those exclusive prizes like the San Andreas BMX bike. As awesome as the launch party would be, I would just want to grab my game and run home. Either way I don't actually have a 360 so it would probably suck for me if I won, but I do have a gamertag
Old 03-02-2008   #6
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
God damn 18 and over

I'd want that baseball bat more than anything. It's one of those exclusive prizes like the San Andreas BMX bike. As awesome as the launch party would be, I would just want to grab my game and run home. Either way I don't actually have a 360 so it would probably suck for me if I won, but I do have a gamertag
Well good thing is, I don't see where it says you NEED a 360, just a valid tag. But the 18+ might hold you back. There's some wicked sweet prizes.
Old 03-02-2008   #7
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well yeah but it would suck if the launch party was just for the 360 version, I'd be like "Uh.. yeah, wooo, GTA IV wooo, yeah...."
Old 03-02-2008   #8
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
Well yeah but it would suck if the launch party was just for the 360 version, I'd be like "Uh.. yeah, wooo, GTA IV wooo, yeah...."
Well it is a Microsoft-backed event. I don't if Sony is going to have one, but MS is doing a great job promoting the game (free theme and gamerpics were released with second trailer, this sweepstakes etc.).
Old 03-02-2008   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Yeah my point is without owning a 360 it wouldn't seem to be enjoyable
Old 03-02-2008   #10
Telk

Telk is an unknown quantity at this point
thats weird that the one year XBL cards come before the 3 months and 1 months. so winning 8th is better then 7th or 6th
Telk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #11
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Look again, that confused me too. Less people are winning the one years than 3 and 1 months, and vice versa, more winning 3 and 1 months.
Old 03-02-2008   #12
NikoteenBellic

NikoteenBellic is on a distinguished roadNikoteenBellic is on a distinguished road
Is says "Custom" Xbox 360 Elite. Wonder if will include the IV logo or be similar to the Halo Custom Elite. If so, I want that system and would gladly pay for it.
NikoteenBellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #13
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoteenBellic View Post
Is says "Custom" Xbox 360 Elite. Wonder if will include the IV logo or be similar to the Halo Custom Elite. If so, I want that system and would gladly pay for it.
No need to, you'd be getting it for free. And I think it's only available in this contest.
Old 03-02-2008   #14
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
My questions are ...

1. Why do 3rd place winners receive 500 MPs but 4th place winners receive 1000?
2. Similar question; why do 6th place winners receive a three-month Xbox LIVE subscription yet 8th place winners receive a year long Xbox LIVE subscription?
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #15
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSchwab View Post
My questions are ...

1. Why do 3rd place winners receive 500 MPs but 4th place winners receive 1000?
2. Similar question; why do 6th place winners receive a three-month Xbox LIVE subscription yet 8th place winners receive a year long Xbox LIVE subscription?
The list is very weirdly organized, but it has to do with how many people win of each prize, not the value of the prize itself. I think.