Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2008   #31
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
[QUOTE=Havok;1743077
Basically what that means, if they acutally utilize Krav Maga, is plenty of headbutts, knees to nuts, elbows to throats and so on.
And obviously disarming/taking enemies weapons from them.[/QUOTE]

So, Niko will be using techniques that are short, quick, basic, and hurt like hell. Sounds nice.
Old 02-28-2008   #32
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendercrisp View Post
So, Niko will be using techniques that are short, quick, basic, and hurt like hell. Sounds nice.
Ya pretty much, and if he is a master then most of these attacks will probably kill. and he should be able to fight off more then one oppenent at once. graduating from begginer to advanced requires you to get jumped by your group and to fight your way out.

I also want to see if he does bat/baton disarmings. Its called the "Israeli Spear" and its one of the simplest yet most effective ways to disarm someone wielding a stick.

I'm probably reading far to into this and he won't be that skilled in Krav Maga.

Last edited by Havok; 02-28-2008 at 05:56 PM..
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #33
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
I'm probably reading far to into this and he won't be that skilled in Krav Maga.
Perhaps, but things you said like elbowing someone in the neck sound plausible for defensive moves.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #34
NikoteenBellic

NikoteenBellic is on a distinguished roadNikoteenBellic is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Havok;1743203]Ya pretty much, and if he is a master then most of these attacks will probably kill.
QUOTE]

I'm glad Niko's fighting style will consist of some possibly leathle moves. I hated how seemingly harmless combos would kill NPCs non realisticly.
NikoteenBellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #35
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoteenBellic View Post

I'm glad Niko's fighting style will consist of some possibly leathle moves. I hated how seemingly harmless combos would kill NPCs non realisticly.
The rules that they teach you in Krav Maga are
  • You're not going to care how much damage you're going to cause.

Cause as much damage as possible and run.

Do not try to prolong a fight. Do what needs to be done and escape.

that gives you an idea.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #36
GTA BMX
Tired EE Student

GTA BMX is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't want to seem like a fanboy, but many complain about the PS3's video quality being somewhat inferior to the 360's in terms of brightness and vibrancy. I'm not saying it was the case in the preview, but it may be a possibility. The PS3 has a setting to bump the color to "full scale" or something like that, don't quite remember but I know the setting exists and isn't too difficult to find. The difference is highly noticeable and sadly the "limited" setting is defaulted. Hope that clears some stuff up, and if you haven't changed the setting on your PS3, now would be a good time
GTA BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #37
Fuzz_Nuts
Newbie Member

Fuzz_Nuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
This made me happy, because I know Krav Maga and that shit will save your life.
Its gun/knife disarming and basic attack/defend.
If I ever get around to it I'll post some videos for gun/knife disarming.
I'm eager to see how this plays out in the game.
Basically what that means, if they acutally utilize Krav Maga, is plenty of headbutts, knees to nuts, elbows to throats and so on.
And obviously disarming/taking enemies weapons from them.
Heres a video on youtube of it. This fighting style looks intense to say the least. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhKjpdWyYMc
Fuzz_Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #38
Cold

Cold is on a distinguished roadCold is on a distinguished roadCold is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz_Nuts View Post
Heres a video on youtube of it. This fighting style looks intense to say the least. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhKjpdWyYMc
Thats crazy man. o_O
Love how he disarms them.
Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #39
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA BMX View Post
I don't want to seem like a fanboy, but many complain about the PS3's video quality being somewhat inferior to the 360's in terms of brightness and vibrancy. I'm not saying it was the case in the preview, but it may be a possibility. The PS3 has a setting to bump the color to "full scale" or something like that, don't quite remember but I know the setting exists and isn't too difficult to find. The difference is highly noticeable and sadly the "limited" setting is defaulted. Hope that clears some stuff up, and if you haven't changed the setting on your PS3, now would be a good time
I'd assume the people showing it off at Rockstar would know that already, obviously they would try to make the game look as good as possible.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #40
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
I'm beginning to wonder what sort of PC will be required to run this game once it gets to that point
No idea what euphoria/rage would require for it, I hope it doesn't ask for a quad-core processor. :p

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #41
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizo
Without naming any names, we can safely say that the other genres on offer include...hardcore...
I'm liking this already. It's about time there was a hardcore/metal station
optik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #42
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
These two screenshots have appeared on IGN. These aren't new anyway, in fact digital version of two screenshots seen in some magazines few days ago.

(cinematic slow-mo camera?)

Old 02-29-2008   #43
waggy44
Woop Woop

waggy44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Gamesradar 2nd Hands on preview (PS3)

Gamesradar's 2nd hands on preview is up and it was on the PS3

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/gr...51014323586065

waggy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #44
Asif
Moderator =)

Thanks for the find waggy, the 2nd part was expected to be brought up today. Merging with the original topic already made.

Old 02-29-2008   #45
Asif
Moderator =)

Update

GamePro link is added in the first post and it contains a new screenshot never seen before!

Possibly the 'Honkers' strip club.

Unfortunately it's the biggest available picture, as of now.

Last edited by Asif; 02-29-2008 at 12:10 PM..