Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Off Topic & Unrelated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2008   #31
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
To me, how the car "performs on track" makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. I don't have a race track to try it on and I don't have insurance that lets me either.

I'm also a firm believer that when you get to a certain level of performance, a little extra makes no difference whatsoever. There are so few opportunities to use this performance that it really isn't worth paying for. I don't think I'm quite there with my 10.9s 0-60 smart yet, but if I get a car which does 0-60 in say 7 or 8 seconds, what plausible advantage is there to me having a machine which does it in 6 or 5?

So taking £44,000 as the benchmark, what could we get instead of this?
2002 ASTON MARTIN DB7 V12 Vantage Volante 2dr Convertible
2004 04 Reg Maserati Quattroporte 4.2
2007 07 Reg MERCEDES-BENZ CLS500
2006 06 Reg BMW 650i Sport 4.8
2008 LOTUS Exige S 240BHP Perfromance Pack
2000 W Reg FERRARI 360 Modena 2dr

My favourite of them all though:
2007 Audi RS4 4163 cc 4.2 quattro

Alternatively, you could buy about four 2006 SMART ROADSTER BRABUSs.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #32
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
How exactly are any of those cars more appropriate for the road than my Corvette?
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #33
cyrix
I EAT TREES AND SHIT TABLE LEGS!
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAB View Post
How exactly are any of those cars more appropriate for the road than my Corvette?
I find it's more fun to just point out where he's being hypocritical as opposed to reason with him using logic. The latter gets you NOWHERE in a really big fucking hurry. :cyrix:
cyrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #34
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
I'm not sure. Most of them look better, even the old Ferrari. I guess if you're buying a sports car how it looks is pretty important.

I'm surprised no one has come in here to explain the van thing yet. Owning a van or a truck as an individual is so unheard of here. It seems to be common in the USA, there's even a stupid GMC van thing in PGR4.
Old 02-24-2008   #35
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Neilin Neil that Ford Escape is actually pretty small. There's nothing to compare it to in the photograph, I know, but it's really shorter than most sedans. Just elevated a bit more, that's pretty much it.
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #36
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
It just seems to be the "American" thing to do. Just like I noticed as soon as redneck "comedians" got popular, rednecks started showing up everywhere and seem to be proud of it. Don't know what there is to be proud about living in a trailer with a TV tuned to Nascar while you sit on a make-shift porch shooting squirrels with your pappy's rifle in your underwear while drinking shitty beer.

If that's an American, I think I'll be leaving ASAP.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #37
Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
Neilin Neil that Ford Escape is actually pretty small. There's nothing to compare it to in the photograph, I know, but it's really shorter than most sedans. Just elevated a bit more, that's pretty much it.
I love that our definitions of "pretty small" differ so much.
Old 02-24-2008   #38
phreak
wsup den

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
It'll be a manual, 99% of cars in the UK are. And it's really not hard to drive a manual.
Anyway he said it's automatic with a "sport shifting" mode meaning there's no clutch. I didn't even say manuals were hard to drive, in fact I'd prefer one over automatics almost every time, just depends on what the vehicle is. For trucks and SUVs, I think automatics suit them slightly better, and for cars I like manuals.
Old 02-24-2008   #39
Neil

I really, really wish my car was manual.
Old 02-24-2008   #40
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
I've got an F reg Mk2 Fiesta, haven't got a pic of my one, but it's pretty much the same as this one;

Except mine isn't an XR2, it's a "Firefly" which is a weird mix between the Ghia and the XR2 (limited edition released just before the Mk3 Fiesta was released).

Despite being >19 years old, it only has 39k on the clock and can still reach 110+mph.

Manual shift, of course

Btw, I've taken the liberty of modifying your post a bit cyrix;
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrix View Post
1. It has VERY good gas mileage for an american sports car with a 7 litre engine--of this caliber.--
--2. It can hang easily with lambo's on a track with little effort.-- Do you drive on a track to get to work each morning?
3. It handles VERY well. - Can't say I've ever driven one, I won't comment on that.
4. For the performance you're getting, you'd end up paying out the ASS for some other european car in the same class.
performance advantages?
The "old stereotypes" that the rest of the world has for American cars is still very true;
- They use WAAAY too much petrol - After some googling, I've found that the Z06 tends to run at <20mpg. **
- Their engines are VERY badly engineered - You should not need a 7 litre V8 for that sort of performance

** for those of you who are used to this number for a mpg stat, my car gets about 50mpg if I try to burn more fuel (driving with higher revs etc). Regular driving puts my car at about 60-65mpg. Granted my car isn't a sports car. But still, for most people's driving needs, it's got more than enough grunt to sit in rush-hour traffic.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish

Last edited by .:Mouldy Punk:.; 02-24-2008 at 01:00 PM..
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #41
cyrix
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
Anyways, back on topic here. I found another pic in my web of folders.

This what the final product was before the wreck. Everything on it is functional too, no "slap on" crap. Oh, yes it was quick of the line, and yes it handled VERY well with the suspension I put on it.
Old 02-24-2008   #42
Neil

Those wheels are hideous and must be a nightmare to clean. What's wrong with the regular metal they use on alloy wheels like on my car? (Sorry, I don't know what it's called beyond it being an alloy).
Old 02-24-2008   #43
cyrix
Wicked Member

Those wheels could withstand the torque better than the stock wheels, which is why I had them. They were easy to clean too.
Old 02-24-2008   #44
Gotadime
The Genovese Family www.GTAIVMafia.com

Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
Rockin' the 2004 Audi A4 right now.

^ Xbox 360 Multiplayer Crew - Join Us Today! ^
F8 Media | Experience Apollo
XBL Gamertag: Knight125

Last edited by Gotadime; 02-26-2008 at 07:39 PM..
Gotadime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #45
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
I gotta agree.. an Escape is a nifty little car.. A Chevy Blazer is a small SUV aswell..

Well im sure that this made that Blazer owners day! I bet he was wandering about for the rest of the day being pitty he didnt get a mighty Ram..

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote