Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Off Topic & Unrelated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2008   #16
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
My baby, Ms. 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, as dusty as she usually is. Also note the general lushness of Dutch flora.

My new baby, 1971 Jaguar E-Type Series III, before she was stolen from me and they did all sorts of creepy experiments to her. Not my pictures.
It doesn't have my license plate yet, so stalkers, ha!

I also have an '05 Chrysler Voyager, but I can't be fucked taking pictures of it right now.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #17
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAB View Post
My new baby, 1971 Jaguar E-Type Series III, before she was stolen from me and they did all sorts of creepy experiments to her.
So you got it back?
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #18
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Not yet. It's being checked up, repainted, getting a new license plate, that sort of stuff. I'm supposed to get it next week.

The Netherlands has a long set of near fascist rules you need to follow with a vehicle before you can take it on the road, and the nice people at the shop are making sure I can with this car.
Old 02-24-2008   #19
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
i could see artee riding around town in that ford
I can see that too *drool*

Well again:
Quote:
Ihave Pontiac Bonneville 1989 for winter. but when summer comes im gonna get muscle.
Dont have pics but it looks just like this. Well only black
aRTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #20
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
Well I guess this calls for a repost.

1999 Mazda 626 LX, nice car, mid-size is a tad large for my tastes but a good car all the same. Paid ~5200 USD.

My dad drives it back and forth to work until I get my license (still on permit), it's far better on gas than his '98 Explorer. 5 liter V8 ftl.

A meer day after we bought it, my father is driving home from work, and is in a left turn lane waiting for the light. He feels a jolt and realizes he's been hit. A 19 year-old kid, who was too busy lighting his cigarette to pay attention, swerved and slammed on his breaks, jumping the median and hitting the rear-left side of the car. Because of the angle and relatively low velocity, damage was done only to the trim piece and actual bumper, no frame/drivetrain damage. It's been patched up now and runs just fine. Interestingly enough, the car the kid was driving was a replacement for his mother's that he totaled 2 weeks prior. Dipshit.

As a side-note, in artificial light the car looks silver, but in natural light it's more of a seafoam green.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #21
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
The kid pay for the damage Husky?
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #22
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
His (mom's) insurance handled it. I think it was about 900USD for repairs.
Old 02-24-2008   #23
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAB View Post
My baby, Ms. 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, as dusty as she usually is. Also note the general lushness of Dutch flora.

My new baby, 1971 Jaguar E-Type Series III, before she was stolen from me and they did all sorts of creepy experiments to her. Not my pictures.
It doesn't have my license plate yet, so stalkers, ha!

I also have an '05 Chrysler Voyager, but I can't be fucked taking pictures of it right now.
I fucking love your Vette. <3

And Neil: Is your car an automatic or a manual? It's hard to tell.
Old 02-24-2008   #24
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
It'll be a manual, 99% of cars in the UK are. And it's really not hard to drive a manual.
Old 02-24-2008   #25
ZCAB

I got it when I was still 18. It was somewhat of a late wedding present from my father. He owns several rather successful businesses, some of which I co-own and work in. Hence the E-Type, and the fact I'm good for gas money for such a guzzler.
As for the driving of the Corvette, it's comfortable enough to use as a town car. It's not so oversized I can't park anywhere, and regardless of its top speed it's not hard to keep it going at a town speed.
Old 02-24-2008   #26
cyrix
I EAT TREES AND SHIT TABLE LEGS!
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It's automatic, well, semi. You can put it in full automatic mode or push the stick up to change up, push it down to change down. It's absolutely shit. The worst part about the car by far.

As for a Corvette in Europe, are you crazy? There are so many far better cars than that to choose from that haven't been designed to drive in a straight line where nobody stops for roundabouts or hills. You could have bought a Lotus or some sort of German machine instead!

What does a 21 year old have to do to be able to afford that sort of car anyway? My 21st birthday is rapidly approaching and I don't have that kind of money. I guess it's possibly because I'm still in education and also because I live in a country where cars cost silly money. Looking on Auto Trader, a Corvette Z06 costs around 44,000 in the UK for 06 reg.

Rappin Rappo why does she need a monster truck like that, I thought she lived in Los Angeles where it never rains or snows or landslides? That's an off road vehicle for farmers.

I don't understand all of you guys who have vans or trucks as cars either. Do you have businesses or something that you need to haul lots of stuff around? Isn't it cheaper just to buy a normal car?
You know nothing about Corvettes if you think that Vette can't handle. That Corvette handles very well. Don't take age old stereotypes about American cars and try to apply them when you know nothing about the car in question.

~ PH X4 955 4 ghz ~ 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 ~ MSI Twin Frozr 560 GTX TI ~
~GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 ~ 2x Intel 510 120GB SSD
cyrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #27
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
You're right. I know nothing about Corvettes. But if I had £44,000 to spend on a car then I wouldn't even consider a Corvette. I know that there are other cars which are much more economical, much more fun and which don't have a 7 litre (wtf?) engine. The interior looks very dated compared to other models for the same kind of money.

I guess roads in The Netherlands are similar to those in the USA - flat.

This car is around double the weight of mine and has ten times the engine capacity.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #28
cyrix
I EAT TREES AND SHIT TABLE LEGS!
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
Quote:
You're right. I know nothing about Corvettes. But if I had 44,000 to spend on a car then I wouldn't even consider a Corvette. I know that there are other cars which are much more economical, much more fun and which don't have a 7 litre (wtf?) engine. The interior looks very dated compared to other models for the same kind of money.

I guess roads in The Netherlands are similar to those in the USA - flat.

This car is around double the weight of mine and has ten times the engine capacity.
Ok let's get a few facts straight....

1. It has VERY good gas mileage for a sports car of this caliber.
2. It can hang easily with lambo's on a track with little effort.
3. It handles VERY well.
4. For the performance you're getting, you'd end up paying out the ASS for some other european car in the same class.

So what do you have against a fast, good handling, economical, reasonably priced sports car? Especially when the alternatives that come from Europe in the same class are more expensive, FAR less efficient, and offer no real tangible performance advantages?

I mean really now. You like your car for the exact reasons you should like this car. Yet...you hate it because why? It's American? There you go being a hypocrite again.

~ PH X4 955 4 ghz ~ 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 ~ MSI Twin Frozr 560 GTX TI ~
~GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 ~ 2x Intel 510 120GB SSD
cyrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #29
ZCAB

I already had the Voyager when I got the Corvette. It wasn't meant as a primary car. It became my primary car because my wife needed the Voyager a lot.
Old 02-24-2008   #30
DiscoBombs

Quote:
I don't understand all of you guys who have vans or trucks as cars either. Do you have businesses or something that you need to haul lots of stuff around? Isn't it cheaper just to buy a normal car?
I never understood it either. If you work on a farm or construction site, fine. But there should be legislation that prohibits those monsters on roads unless moving it from site to site. And if you cant afford a small car, increase taxes nationwide so the government can provide you with one. Oh wait, they're too busy building tanks to occupy an impoverished desert nation.

Scoob's van is fine, Astros aren't that big, but I've seen some monster vans. What scares me more than anything is ditzy blonde women driving massive GMC Yukon Denalis whilst talking on their cells and fixing their hair. And as a reference Neil, here's a Yukon Denali.

All the kids around here want pick-up trucks with gas-guzzling, pollution-pumping engines, and I don't understand it. Pennsylvania has some bad winter weather but sedans manage it just fine. My car is a mid-size and that's as big a car as I can handle, any larger and I have no idea where the back end is. Give me an electric compact with a big stereo any day.

Then again I'm a faggoty environmentalist that just doesn't 'get it'.