Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2008   #1
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Plot Synopsis revealed

I just noticed the information section reveals the plot synopsis for GTA IV (The blurb on the back on the case).

Quote:
What does the American dream mean today?

For Niko Bellic, fresh off the boat from Europe, it is the hope that he can escape his past.

For his cousin, Roman, it is the vision that together they can find fortune in Liberty City, gateway to the land of opportunity.

As they slip into debt and are dragged into a criminal underworld by a series of shysters, thieves and sociopaths, they discover that the reality is very different from the dream in a city that worships money and status, and is heaven for those who have them and a living nightmare for those who don't.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #2
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Why didn't I realise that, that was the plot synopsis when I first read it.
I like it though. It's very well worded.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #3
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
i really like that there's no more "and take over the city"... that got old... but i still hope you'll be able to jack a nice car and store it in some garage, even though the garage belongs to a crappy apartment.

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #4
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Then the plot referenced, may mean in the end Niko & co. will find not so much great wealth, but other treasures. Like maybe Niko will hook up with a cool girl, an be truly happy, instead of 9 trillion dollars on the stats, in the menu section.

Last edited by FG; 02-11-2008 at 04:35 AM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #5
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
True since Dan Houser did say something about it being a rags to 'slightly better rags' story rather than becoming a millionaire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam Trigger View Post
Why didn't I realise that, that was the plot synopsis when I first read it.
I like it though. It's very well worded.
I didn't realise either but it makes sense.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #6
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
i really like that there's no more "and take over the city"... that got old... but i still hope you'll be able to jack a nice car and store it in some garage, even though the garage belongs to a crappy apartment.
Yeah. Everytime is was the same.
- "You've been betrayed and left for dead, now you're taking revenge."
- "His only answer is to fight back and take over the city himself."
- "CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and take control of the streets."

I was really getting tired of reading about taking over the city.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #7
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
What does it mean slip in to debt for Roman? or Niko cause i want to be rewarded for missions.
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #8
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
It doesn't say for Roman. it says they slip into debt, meaning, they both start to have money troubles.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #9
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
I think Roman is in debt with the Mafia. It would actually explain why hes getting chased and tortured in Trailer 3.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #10
Offended_by_Everything
Social Justice Warrior

Offended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond repute
"Debt" doesn't only refer to money, you know.
Old 02-11-2008   #11
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
Good point ZCAB. I always wondered how he got the Taxi service.
Old 02-11-2008   #12
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAB View Post
"Debt" doesn't only refer to money, you know.
It does when using the word in that manner.
Old 02-11-2008   #13
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Oh yeah, "slip into debt" usually refers to money. I think if it was anything else it would have been "indebted".
Old 02-11-2008   #14
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutts View Post
I think Roman is in debt with the Mafia. It would actually explain why hes getting chased and tortured in Trailer 3.

I think I read somewhere that the Mafia were in the game but they don't have a big role in the storyline. So maybe they could be a part of a few missions or maybe they won't.

Also, thanks for spotting that out Victim.
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #15
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
If he is in money debt he needs to sell his taxi place
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote