Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2008   #1
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Preview and new screenshots from Computerbild-Spiele magazine (German)

The 5-page preview contains some brand new screenshots and a new artwork. There should be new infos, I hope our German-speaking members would be helpful on this.

Summarized preview:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post

Like it basicly tells that when Niko first arrives to Liberty City he's pretty bummed about Roman being a fucking liar. So he just thinks he has to get the job done himself. Then he meets the Automechanic Brucie and they arrange a date wich Niko writes down on his uber kewl cell phone. But first he has to help some Mafia dudes, for whatever reason. The Italians want Niko to go kill some Police guy (who did them something wrong in the past I'm sure...). So he whips out his super cool cell phone and dials 911. A few squad cars appear shortly after and the police check out the scene while Niko STRAIGHT UP JACKS A POLICE CAR. He looks the guy up on the police computer and drives over to some building site. He uses a Lift from the building across and whips out a sniper rifle (out of his netherregions.. teehee).(the guy who wrote the preview said the view was so beautiful he almost cried). He looks through the sniper scope and OH SHIT there's a sniper on the other roof. Niko blasts the fool and the dude falls off onto a car. woop. Niko then gets attacked by some people and he hides behind some wood. But through the super cool new engine the wood doesn't really do much justice as the bad guys just shoot through it. So Niko hides behind some steel grinder thing. He then whips out his gun and shoots off some dudes and then fucking nails the rest with a grenade. A job well done, m8.

After that Brucie rings Niko up and tells him to meet up at some fancy nightclub. They meet up and two hours later they storm out of the bar drunk and just step over eachother and laugh at incoherent things like a butterfly taking a crap...well they don't do that but that's what I do when I'm drunk. Anyway they reach the car and apperently its a whole different experience driving when drunk. Niko crashes the car numerous times and Brucie pukes in his lap. But somehow Niko manages to drive Brucie home safely. The car by then is a fucking wreck so Niko gets out of the car busts open the nearest car window and hot wires it. (goddamnit this previewer sucks.. such a fucking kiss ass to rockstar, srsly). So Niko hauls ass and drives away, over a bridge and next to some houses (wich beaituflly mirrors the sun [see what i mean with the kiss assers?]). After some time Niko gets stopped by the Fuzz and just whips out his rocket launcher and roasts some pigs. Then he drives off into the sun. Just a normal day in Liberty City.
Keypoints:

- For the first time, a preview based on hands-on impression;
- The game is set in 2008 (it conflicts with some previous previews that already told about 2006!)
- Niko always wears helmet while riding motorcycle (mandatory I think)
- There are now two separate buttons to get in and start the engine of a car. (while in previous GTAs, one button did the trick)
- You may find 'useful things' (as cash, weapons etc. may be) in the cars you break in.
- Wasted! feature seems indifferent, you will lose all of your weapons only.
- Bulletholes (on walls, buildings etc.) will remain visible (not certain if it's temporary or permanent).

New screenshots:

Credits to Freezer89 from GTAForums for the scans!

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.

Last edited by Asif; 02-06-2008 at 11:01 AM..
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #2
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Some nice screens there Asif, and yes, we could really do with a translation.

.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #3
Oxymoron
jou ma se poes

Oxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura about
Wow nice find Asif.
Oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #4
LoweJR2007
Newbie Member

LoweJR2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Great job, as always Asif. I like the screenshot on the bottom right of the first page. The guy gets shot through that glass, and the blood streaks are really nice. April 29th can't come fast enough. GTA IV will surely set the pace in gaming for years to come.
LoweJR2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #5
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
The translation might not have any new info after all...

Quote:
Here is a translation of the information that I think are new.

Besides the information we already had from other magazines, the article tells what happens after Niko and Roman (in the article it says Brucie!) have left the nightclub drunk. After Niko has brought Roman (Brucie) home, he jacks another car and drives away (the car in which he got home from the nightclub is f***ed up). Some cops notice the car theft and chase him until they can stop him. Niko gets out of the car with a rocket launcher on his shoulder and runs down the street. It says pedestrians drop their bags and scream.
He fires at a cop on a motorbike who comes into his way. He misses the cop but the rocket hits an approaching SWAT van causing an inferno. The remaining cops shoot at him and Niko apparently "dies" in the shootout. He is brought to the hospital and loses all his weapons.
Furthermore, it tells that you have to push one button to get in a car and push another button to start the engine.
On the last page in the interview, Barrera mentions that the game is set in 2008.
Posted by -GTAlien- on GTAF.
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?s...t&p=1057475232
Old 02-06-2008   #6
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
So okay after Clansman FORCED me to..

Like it basicly tells that when Niko first arrives to Liberty City he's pretty bummed about Roman being a fucking liar. So he just thinks he has to get the job done himself. Then he meets the Automechanic Brucie and they arrange a date wich Niko writes down on his uber kewl cell phone. But first he has to help some Mafia dudes, for whatever reason. The Italians want Niko to go kill some Police guy (who did them something wrong in the past I'm sure...). So he whips out his super cool cell phone and dials 911. A few squad cars appear shortly after and the police check out the scene while Niko STRAIGHT UP JACKS A POLICE CAR. He looks the guy up on the police computer and drives over to some building site. He uses a Lift from the building across and whips out a sniper rifle (out of his netherregions.. teehee).(the guy who wrote the preview said the view was so beautiful he almost cried). He looks through the sniper scope and OH SHIT there's a sniper on the other roof. Niko blasts the fool and the dude falls off onto a car. woop. Niko then gets attacked by some people and he hides behind some wood. But through the super cool new engine the wood doesn't really do much justice as the bad guys just shoot through it. So Niko hides behind some steel grinder thing. He then whips out his gun and shoots off some dudes and then fucking nails the rest with a grenade. A job well done, m8.

After that Brucie rings Niko up and tells him to meet up at some fancy nightclub. They meet up and two hours later they storm out of the bar drunk and just step over eachother and laugh at incoherent things like a butterfly taking a crap...well they don't do that but that's what I do when I'm drunk. Anyway they reach the car and apperently its a whole different experience driving when drunk. Niko crashes the car numerous times and Brucie pukes in his lap. But somehow Niko manages to drive Brucie home safely. The car by then is a fucking wreck so Niko gets out of the car busts open the nearest car window and hot wires it. (goddamnit this previewer sucks.. such a fucking kiss ass to rockstar, srsly). So Niko hauls ass and drives away, over a bridge and next to some houses (wich beaituflly mirrors the sun [see what i mean with the kiss assers?]). After some time Niko gets stopped by the Fuzz and just whips out his rocket launcher and roasts some pigs. Then he drives off into the sun. Just a normal day in Liberty City.

Woop

edit: OI CLANSMAN I HATE YOU
Old 02-06-2008   #7
Wicked Member

Thanks very much Grimmy, i hate you as well, can't rep you just yet so i'll guess i''ll have to spread, howabout a crusty brown

Your translation sounds a lot better than the one i posted from GTAF, nice work Grimmy.

Old 02-06-2008   #8
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Much thanks for the translation, Grimmy.

Old 02-06-2008   #9
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif
- Bulletholes (on walls, buildings etc.) will remain visible throughout the game.
Now that's some great news. This probably also means that the game will remember your left car(wreck)s, collisions with citizens, etc a lot better than before. This will make it easier to feel that you are "forming" the game and the city as the story goes.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #10
Asif
Moderator =)

I edited this keynote a minute ago, because I am not yet certain whether it'll be temporary or permanent.

Old 02-06-2008   #11
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
just a reminder, what else did we lose in the past GTA's other than our weapons?

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #12
Asif
Moderator =)

Armors, I believe.

Old 02-06-2008   #13
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know if there will be an icon like VCS to buy the weapons back. i keep forgetting if this was confirmed, because i know it has been mentioned several times

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #14
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Awesome!
Old 02-06-2008   #15
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
How does he get a rocket launcher and a sniper at the start of the game i that this was suppose be more realistic then the past gta games
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote