Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2008   #16
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
It's a good idea, just not for GTA. The only time GTA has been about button combinations is aim and shoot or entering cheats. Having fixed button combination systems for gameplay makes for a very "out of control" style of playing. Simply tapping circle to attack while being dragged out a vehicle by a cop could work just as fine, and wouldn't actually feel like a video game (if you get what I mean there, GTA has always tried to appear as if it's not a video game; Ex: No main menu), plus it would be easier on your playing. VCS had certain combinations for melee attacks and actions, which were cool, but annoying to memorize which combinations did what. The way I put it would simply involve a different punching or kicking, etc motion while being dragged or pulled
Old 01-31-2008   #17
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
Have you played Resident Evil 4?

I don't know if it'd be a fit for the GTA Franchise but action timed button presses would be pretty cool I think and when Rockstar is looking for something to be very cinematic and structured, it could be useful.

IE: X, B, B, RB, A, A would turn around, B would disarm the cop, B again would punch the pistol whip the cop, A would put one shot in the chest and the final A would be a headshot as Niko walks away (think Tom Cruise in Collateral).

Regardless, I'm beyond pumped for this game.
Quick Time Events would be a horrible idea for the game.
Old 01-31-2008   #18
AC87
$Money Maker$

AC87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe if you just press the melee button a struggle occurs and you're able to get out the situation if its just one cop. Two can tackle you down and beat the crap out of you aka slam your head into the pavement a couple of times.
AC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #19
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
That might be a short cutscene after you get busted and woah, they have changed the police car.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #20
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
What's so different about it. It looks the same to me.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #21
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam Trigger
What's so different about it. It looks the same to me.
Head lights are different, obviously a new model.

Old 01-31-2008   #22
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Oh I see. I don't think R* have changed the design. But maybe in GTA IV you have access to two different types of police cars.

Old 01-31-2008   #23
Asif
Moderator =)

There are indeed two types of police car - one is LCPD and the other one is GTA version of the Homeland security ( seen on 43rd second of trailer-2).
But both in the pics I posted are of LCPD type (though the 'LCPD' texts is missing in the first one)

Old 01-31-2008   #24
AC87
$Money Maker$

You got a good eye there asif
Old 02-01-2008   #25
Oxymoron
jou ma se poes

Oxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif View Post
Head lights are different, obviously a new model.

The first police car was probably just a place holder while they worked on the real thing.
Oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #26
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Why would they need a place holder?

Old 02-01-2008   #27
WiM
All for one.

WiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the rough
Awesome! As said before, it does remind me of SA. Would be cool if it was a skipable cutseen between the actuall arrest and respawning at the police station, like The Patient said.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam Trigger View Post
Oh I see. I don't think R* have changed the design. But maybe in GTA IV you have access to two different types of police cars.
Like in SA you have the LS, SF and LV police cars?

Last edited by WiM; 02-01-2008 at 04:42 AM..
WiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #28
AC87
$Money Maker$

^nah, i doubt they would have diffrent ones like that. New york city only has one police squad patrolling all boroughs, and thats the NYPD. Any other patrol cars with sirens would be campus security,school safety,or auxiliary police
Old 02-01-2008   #29
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
Being busted immediately upon being thrown out of a vehicle, or even sometimes upon contact with a cop really killed the chase, same way as drowning upon contact with water killed the fun of the game. I'm predicting in any situation where typically in preceding GTA's you would be busted, you could attack (circle) the cops as they pull you out or something to try to loosen their grip. If you happen to break free, you'll probably stumble a bit thanks to Euphoria () then you can sprint away.
This idea really seems feasible, thanks Slim for the info. This is looking good, I agree the old * Busted * was a pain. This new engine should give R* a lot of room for awesome improvements. Hope they take full advantage of it.
Old 02-03-2008   #30
Larry Novellino
Larry Novellino - Waconia High School, Minnesota

Larry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the rough
If that's fire from an explosion on the left there, wow.
Larry Novellino is offline   Reply With Quote