Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > San Andreas
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2006   #196
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
If your game is PC, do some hack in the handling.cfg to boost (e.g. increasing max. velocity, acceleration) your racing vehicle, such boost wont be applicable to your opponents' vehicle I guess.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #197
GTdAve

GTdAve is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the PS2 version, so the only thing I can try and do is cheat, but that's failed too.
I tried the "perfect handling" cheat, but it's a bit too sensitive for my taste and I end up driving worse then without the code.
I tried the nitro code, but all the other cars I'm racing get nitro as well, and they're gone so fast I don't even have a prayer catching up with them!
I tried "Destroy Cars" cheat, but that destroys my car as well so I'm disqualified immediately.
I tried the cheat that makes your car strong like a tank so whatever you hit blows up, but while the other cars blow up, mine catches fire pretty quick too and blows up giving me another DQ.
I also tried the "Cars Float Away When Hit" cheat, but it doesn't work on the other racing cars, just those driven by peds.

I thought I was a decent gamer; I beat every other level and race with relative ease, but for the life of me, I can NOT place first in the "Freeway" race in LS.
Old 05-02-2006   #198
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Did you try 'No Traffic' cheat? Oncoming traffic makes your way harder to win.

Old 05-02-2006   #199
GTdAve

GTdAve is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, it made it a bit easier, but once I get off the freeway (that is if I manage to get the pole position) traffic or not, the other racers manage to pass me.
Old 06-06-2006   #200
zeebuuman
The Only One
Newbie Member

zeebuuman is an unknown quantity at this point
sticky it, such a good thing to have around
zeebuuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #201
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
It is , check here....
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #202
Indref
Newbie Member

Indref is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, this forum is really old. And the first post needs some serious editing. But the poster has been banned.

This forum is one of the strangest I've seen.

Anyway..

I'm aiming for 100% now. I have just finished "Misappropriation" for Tenpenny, I don't have my stats on hand, I'm away from my gaming PC for a day or two.

So far I'm using the guide at GameFAQs.com, http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/dosw...00_percent.txt It's a pretty decent walkthrough, I'm enjoying the help. I'm working hard for the 100% so I read this whole thread, didn't see it mentioned.

Just to let you know GTdAve, I consider myself a pretty damn good gamer but racing in general defeats me. I own not one racing game and that's the way it will stay. Still, GTA:SA has a whole lot of races and I need them for 100%. So I'm leaving them till last, and then I'm going to cheat and laugh as the other cars fail. I have the PC version so my cheating options are far wider, I'll be using the gravity mod option of a trainer. x2 or x3 gravity makes for some wicked handling, minus the stupid. stupid twichy controls that the so-called 'perfect handling' cheat provides.

So far my only qualms are side missions. The story missions range from super easy to uncomfortably hard. Still stuck on the folllowing:

-NRG Challenge
-8-Track
-Blood Bowl
-All of the street and flying races.

To be honest I still need to give the flight races another go. There is no time limit, so I need to go slower. Much slower.

Other things:

-The only way I managed to finish the BMX Challenge was by jacking a Packer, sticking it right by the SW half pipe, getting all the blips and then jumping the Packer onto the SW halfpipe blip, that I couldn't get otherwise. Frustrating mission, so much so that when I first played GTA:SA, I couldn't do it, and I decided not to bother with 100% completion.
-I can only finish the Paramedic mission in Angel Pine.
-The only way I can finish the Vigilante mission is by using the "go inside, wait till they die, go back outside, repeat" glitch on the PS2. This doesn't work on the PC, so I left it until the races opened, started the Heli Hell flight race, parked the Hunter next to the spot where I started the flight race, got out, waited until I failed the race, exited the race menu and ran away with the Hunter, finishing Vigilante in about ten minutes.
-The only reason I passed the Dirt Track race is because the games AI cannot lean forward or back on a bike, causing it to crash when doing some jumps. Even then I won by a small margin.
-Trucking is simple if done on the railways.
-All of Zero's missions are easy on the PC version. Really easy. For someone that has tried the PS2 version and cried, it's so satisfying to finish Air Raid with full signal strength, and Supply Lines with about 40% fuel left.
-The mouse on PC makes any manual aim task a complete breeze. Can you hook a mouse up to a PS2? How about the PS3?

Wish me luck on getting the big ol one-oh-oh.
Indref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007   #203
Old Timer
Ryder and Smoke were RATZ!!!
Loyal Member

Old Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enough
Talking Cars and cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTdAve
I have the PS2 version, so the only thing I can try and do is cheat, but that's failed too.
I tried the "perfect handling" cheat, but it's a bit too sensitive for my taste and I end up driving worse then without the code.
I tried the nitro code, but all the other cars I'm racing get nitro as well, and they're gone so fast I don't even have a prayer catching up with them!
I tried "Destroy Cars" cheat, but that destroys my car as well so I'm disqualified immediately.
I tried the cheat that makes your car strong like a tank so whatever you hit blows up, but while the other cars blow up, mine catches fire pretty quick too and blows up giving me another DQ.
I also tried the "Cars Float Away When Hit" cheat, but it doesn't work on the other racing cars, just those driven by peds.

I thought I was a decent gamer; I beat every other level and race with relative ease, but for the life of me, I can NOT place first in the "Freeway" race in LS.
Hey GTdAVE, here is something I just happened on to when I started my "cheat" game, just to see what the different cheats do. Use the "Flying Cars" cheat, not - the one when the car has to get hit, but it's the one that when the car goes to fast it takes off. Get into a race, get out of the car real quick and type in that cheat, then get back in, and play with your speed, you won't be able to go too fast or you will take off, where the others are trying to go real fast, and they go flying all over the place. Drive at a speed where you hear the tires squeel just a little bit, when you give it the gas, then let off, be careful of your corners too. You will take quite a while to finish because you are going slow, but you will win. I had two different cars that were flying around in two different races come back down to the road in front of me, and I thought for sure they were gonna win, but they lost it on a corner and went out into the wild blue yonder, and it's fun seeing all the cars flying by. I've often thought it would be super if someone could get really good at handling a flying car because you can see the red markers up high, and just come down to touch and go at each marker. FUN!!!
OT
Old Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #204
jamaican_pickle
Banned
Banned

jamaican_pickle is an unknown quantity at this point
thats a great idea.... i think i mite try that 1 just for sum fun...
jamaican_pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #205
Jonatron
Aversion to Movement

Jonatron is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indref View Post

-NRG Challenge
-8-Track
-Blood Bowl
-All of the street and flying races.

NRG is evil, but there is a glitch, by collecting a corona EXACTLY when the time runs out, you get Inf time, so your only worry is driving off the track and plunging into the water, so know where your aiming.
8-track is grawr. There is much frustration, but, at one point you will learn the amound of slowing down that is needed to avoid explosion, get your lucky break, and win.
Luck you need. 3 tries was enough for me, but that is only luck.
Street races and a bugger, Los Santos is tricky, the rest are Wooden Cakewalk. Easy to digest though, but chewing them will take a LONG time.
Flying Races are easy, (mind you, i love flying) I managed them all first try, but, I love flying. leave of the gas on the planes, hover in the Hrdra.
100% in LCS and SA and now VCS. GTAIII-31%(Missions Complete). Vice City, that game is tricky, But so-so cool. - Story Complete, now i need to play it through again and get 100%. All Packages, Paramedic, Vigilante complete 'In The Begining' Hell yeah.
Jonatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008   #206
m4rcj3sus

m4rcj3sus is an unknown quantity at this point
where is robois food mart for the courrier missions in los santos?

Currently playing san andreas....AGAIN
m4rcj3sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008   #207
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Go south past Ammunation, then turn left past the theatre.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008   #208
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rcj3sus View Post
where is robois food mart for the courrier missions in los santos?
As pointed on the map, you can't miss it.

Old 01-18-2008   #209
SA BMX 64
Banned
Banned

SA BMX 64 can only hope to improve
Well, I just don't maked NRG 500 Challenge. It's damn difficult.
SA BMX 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008   #210
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA BMX 32 View Post
Well, I just don't maked NRG 500 Challenge. It's damn difficult.
Depends on how you are making approaches for those red rings. Watch this one.