Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2007   #46
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
I strongly suggest the linking of the main page with the forums. I haven't been able to comment on any news for a while after logging out of the Edge DB.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007   #47
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
The site using the forum database is going to be one of the biggest and most important things to do. Believe me, it's on the list.
Old 08-03-2007   #48
Chris

Chris is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd like to see more professional news posts actually.

I'll explain why by taking this news post as an example.

Now, you were sent an email from Sam Houser himself, AND there was an official press release. TWO primary sources. Yet cyrix goes and copy pastes info from Joystiq AND thanks them for it by linking to them.... what the hell is up with that? Are you paid by joystiq or something. If I wanted news from joystiq I'd go there.
Also, considering the official press release went up first, it's not even like joystiq got early info, there really is no reason to use them as a source.

So basically my point is, stop copy pasting news from other sites and write it yourself from the primary sources. I understand cyrix and others are new, but still, you know...

Thanks. Every other improvement I have has already been mentioned
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #49
jammsbro
Autodrunk

jammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enough
Instead of having the words admin or legend under the name, why not have a symbol of some sort for each one? It would certainly make it smaller. That along with the colour code easily identifies mods admins and legends.

I really like the accessible design of the main page but as i said in another thread i think a fixed sidebar on the forum would both help navigation and compliment the main page design.

Why not have a the main page updated with submitted content more often? it would certainly change the page if nothing else.
Old 10-09-2007   #50
jamaican_pickle
Banned
Banned

jamaican_pickle is an unknown quantity at this point
gtagaming.com needs to start updating their gtaiv vehicles page. we already no the names of most of the vehicles we've seen in the screenshots so start putting them on the page pleez....
JP
jamaican_pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #51
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaican_pickle
gtagaming.com needs to start updating their gtaiv vehicles page. we already no the names of most of the vehicles we've seen in the screenshots so start putting them on the page pleez....
JP
Umm.. Could you name them please? And no we dont know even half of the vehicles in the game, and please post the pictures where you can see the names. Thanks.
aRTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #52
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Yeah we've got like maybe one official name, and a couple on ads if the advertised vehicles are featured in gameplay. We're waiting for some confirmation really, but if we don't receive any, we'll start comparing and contrasting and naming them to the best of our knowledge.
Old 11-29-2007   #53
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
the site is great! <3 what did ever happen to that sun and earth (or moon) background image, though?
optik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #54
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
I started that as a joke,and surprisingly some members liked it. Guess some certain staff didn't ;p
Old 01-01-2008   #55
tellmenotherone
Newbie Member

tellmenotherone is on a distinguished roadtellmenotherone is on a distinguished road
hmmm how about a way to travel the Left sidebar links without being asked to log on to every page that comes up...
tellmenotherone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #56
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by tellmenotherone View Post
hmmm how about a way to travel the Left sidebar links without being asked to log on to every page that comes up...
Just check the remember me box when you log in.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #57
SA BMX 64
Banned
Banned

SA BMX 64 can only hope to improve
I just reallt like this website. Is the best, I ever seen before
SA BMX 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #58
Japisee
Veteran Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
Crap Shack's closed. Awesome. Not even an announcement or an explination.
Japisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #59
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
It was a spamming forum which was being abused.
Old 01-08-2008   #60
Leegion
Oxycodone Suicide.

Leegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the rough
So put a year long probation period on the forum?

Be there for >year or no entry?

We've tried the whole 'delete the place of the problem, not the problem itself' thing before, not exactly fool proof.

Just my $0.02

I can't explain a thing.
I want everything.
I will never believe in anything again.

Leegion is offline   Reply With Quote