Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2007   #1
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
GTA IV Rated In Australia?

GTA IV has been (officially?) rated by the Classification Board of Australia (OFLC). The game has been rated a nice MA15+, which is the same rating given for every other GTA game in Australia. It has been marked with: strong violence, strong course language, Drug and sexual references.

Source

Well it seems quite early so perhaps it is a mistake on the OFLC's part. Definitely take this information with a grain of salt.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #2
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
The game must be close if they've given it a rating.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #3
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
We'll know it's close when the BBFC rating is in.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #4
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Definitely odd that this info is out now. I guess if other countries ratings start showing up then maybe the game is closer than we thought. Could it be a different Rockstar published game they mixed it up with?
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #5
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
We'll know its close when they give us a release date.

Old 12-13-2007   #6
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I'm tearing up on whether to post this as official news on the main site. I wouldn't want to post speculation would I?

Edit: I'll post it, after all it concerns GTA.
Old 12-13-2007   #7
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
As long as you point out it might be wrong then I don't see why not.
Old 12-13-2007   #8
redninja216

redninja216 is on a distinguished roadredninja216 is on a distinguished road
kinda common sense, don't ya think?

I mean come on, who thinks this is going to get anything less that an M rating?
redninja216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #9
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

MA15+ seem a legitimate rating for any GTA game.

Old 12-13-2007   #10
Jimmy_86
Think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redninja216
kinda common sense, don't ya think?

I mean come on, who thinks this is going to get anything less that an M rating?
The point here is not what the rating is, but the fact that it has been given a rating which implies it's as good as finished.
Old 12-13-2007   #11
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
which means there should be a release date coming out soon...correct?
Old 12-13-2007   #12
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
I hope so man
Old 12-13-2007   #13
victim

Well I personally can't see Rockstar giving the game to the OFLC before the BBFC or the ESRB, the latter two are probably just reviewing the game carefully after both the hot coffee incident and the Manhunt 2 decisions.

My guess is that the game is actually finished and is currently in debugging and final playtesting.
Old 12-13-2007   #14
zim

zim is on a distinguished roadzim is on a distinguished roadzim is on a distinguished roadzim is on a distinguished roadzim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim
Well I personally can't see Rockstar giving the game to the OFLC before the BBFC or the ESRB, the latter two are probably just reviewing the game carefully after both the hot coffee incident and the Manhunt 2 decisions.

My guess is that the game is actually finished and is currently in debugging and final playtesting.

Lucky testers :\
Old 12-13-2007   #15
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Game tester, my dream occupation.