Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2007   #1
Charger
<.>

Charger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished road
Minor Multiplayer Details

Today we got some small multiplayer info from Gamingexcellence.com. A R* employer at the PlayStation Holiday Preview Event in Toronto, gave Gamingexcellence.com some details on the multiplayer in GTA IV.

Quote:

Quote:
Set for 2008’s second quarter, GTA IV was also missing, but Rockstar’s man on the scene told GamingExcellence that they had begun testing the various plots and that the developers were considering the possibility of having an open world completely unlocked from the start of the game. We also understand that the game’s multiplayer mode, unseen in the GTA franchise since GTA2 in 1997, is aiming for at least 16 simultaneous players, with more than just the usual deathmatch mode.
16 Players seems to small for online, 32 would have been good .

Thanks to downthrough from GTAForums. / Gamingexellence.com
Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #2
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
16's good enough for me.
Old 10-12-2007   #3
Shepherd1991

Sounds good
Old 10-12-2007   #4
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Yeah. I would like to see way more then that. To the point you could have multiple teams of ten.
Old 10-13-2007   #5
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
16 players? Ugh, time for another Multiplayer mod

SAMP for example has up to 100 on server. There should be way more to even enjoy it
Old 10-13-2007   #6
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
But think, this will be a properly synched game with no hacks, on official GTA servers, when you shoot someone, their health will actually go down!

Plus with all the mini-games from the PSP ones, 16 is definetly enough, and it will probly resytrict you to a certain area of the map like in the stories games too.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #7
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Agreed with that first part of your post, ash, very highly agreed.

Remember guys, the Rockstar rep said at least 16, so we could see more. I assume we'll be able to create private games so you can play only with your friends, etc.
Old 10-13-2007   #8
Rurouni
Most Wanted

Rurouni is on a distinguished roadRurouni is on a distinguished road
16 is good enough for me but one problem. My xboxlive dos'nt work with my modem

Youtube Account - ADD
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #9
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Remember guys, 16 may be enough for the maps they're going to use. 100 for SAMP because SAMP doesn't restrict you to one area. 16 on SAMP would be too little. A 16 player online game is F.E.A.R and the maps are enough for 16 players.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #10
ajstyles
Newbie Member

ajstyles is on a distinguished roadajstyles is on a distinguished road
Interesting. I've never played any GTA game online and don't really know what to expect or if there would be any objective for multi playing online other than just roaming around.
Old 10-14-2007   #11
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
I'll be happy if the number stays the same for the PC, my connection won't crash down at least. :p

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #12
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
I hope the map isn't fully explorable from the start, That would ruin the mystery of the city we've already seen once
lol
I'm sure it'll be way better though, but if i can explore it from the start, I'll be sad!
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #13
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilver65
I hope the map isn't fully explorable from the start, That would ruin the mystery of the city we've already seen once
lol
I'm sure it'll be way better though, but if i can explore it from the start, I'll be sad!
To keep it short, this is not GTA3, this is GTA4, NOT the same Liberty City.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #14
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
I just hope we get vehicles in multiplayer. ;<
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #15
Shepherd1991

Yea, more vehicles. and I would really like to just overall see a nice COOP style type of multiplayer