Old 10-06-2007   #1
Espionage1911
Newbie Member

Espionage1911 is an unknown quantity at this point
GTA IV: Release Confusion

Seems like a lot of confusion out there about the GTA IV release date, I mean it's pretty obvious that it's been delayed but I've been looking around and noticing a lot of contradiction surrounding the facts about GTA IV's release.

First off, the Take-Two website still has GTA IV down for a Fall 2007 release - Now, I've sent an E-Mail into Take-two asking them to confirm weather or not this is a misprint or some sort of update error, maybe it's neither?

In early June Rockstar Dismissed Talk of GTA IV Delay saying that GTA IV was "on track for release in late October". they seemed to deny any claims of a delay. One such reason for the idea of a delay was the soon to be released Halo 3.

Now, we have the Playstation UK GTA IV Page, this site is constantly changing their minds on the release date. It's gone from October 2007, to April 2008, and now it's changed to TBC.

If the delay is somehow technological which is most likley the scenario at this point, than it is what it is, but if the game is finished than I see no reason for Take-Two to delay it. Delaying the game is only causing the company problems. "News of the “GTA IV” delay — and the company’s announcement that it would post a full-year loss — sent Take-Two’s shares down 12.5 percent on Thursday." MSNBC

So, the delay seems like it has nothing to do with Halo 3, or profits, It seems more likely that the game is experiencing many technical problems due to it's massive size. "Anyone who saw the game at E3 knows that it wasn’t yet perfect. Sure, the art reached new heights of detail, but the performance was noticeably sluggish."

I'm also guessing that the delay date set is just an estimate and the game if finished sooner will be released sonner.
Espionage1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
The game was delayed because they had some problems with glitches, bugs and unpolished work on both consoles.

At the time of the delay the game was around 70% done more or less.
Old 10-06-2007   #3
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
When they delay was announced they confirmed the new release as Financial Q2 of 2008 i.e. between Feb 1st - April 30th 2008. Nothing has changed since, all the rest is just confusion.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #4
jamaican_pickle
Banned
Banned

jamaican_pickle is an unknown quantity at this point
is there news at all about a pc version of gtaiv, coz if theres isnt after the release of the ps3 nd xbox versions im goin straight out nd buying me a ps3
jamaican_pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #5
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaican_pickle
is there news at all about a pc version of gtaiv, coz if theres isnt after the release of the ps3 nd xbox versions im goin straight out nd buying me a ps3
That's been asked countless times, there has been no official confirmation, and if it does, it won't be until late 08, early 09.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #6
jamaican_pickle
Banned
Banned

oh well looks like ive got to did into my pocket for a ps3....keep ya eyes nd ears open though guys for any news
Old 10-08-2007   #7
WiM
All for one.

WiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I'm also guessing that the delay date set is just an estimate and the game if finished sooner will be released sonner.
I'm thinking the same thing here, it's not logicly, siriously, if you think about it...
Why would they delay a game with A HALF YEAR???? I mean, if they knew it would take another half year to make the game, they would've told us earlier.
AS you, Espionage1911, I think the releasedate isn't october 19, but they'll release it when it's ready (at the least april 1st)
WiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #8
Espionage1911
Newbie Member

Espionage1911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Let's hope, and have you guys heard of the G4TV major announcement? Maybe it's got something to do with the release date of GTA IV.
Espionage1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #9
jamaican_pickle
Banned
Banned

yeah ive heard of that cant wait to hear wot it is....