Old 09-24-2007   #1
UnleadedPenguin

UnleadedPenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
Rumble Rumble

I've just heard that Sony has announced the DualShock 3 controller, meaning that PS3 owners will finally be able to enjoy SixAxis motion sensitivity and rumble functionality in one controller. It's due to hit the shops in Spring but won't be bundled with new PS3s.

So, do you think R* will be adding rumble support to the PS3 version of IV? As Sony originally denied that the PS3 would ever have rumble (largely due to their legal dispute over the DualShock 2 technology with Immersion), it's possible that R* might not have built that functionality into the game. Computerandvideogames.com has published a list of upcoming games that Sony has confirmed DualShock 3 for, amongst which GTAIV is conspicuously absent.

I really hope that R* can add the rumble feature for the game - feeling a nudge when you smacked something in your car made previous GTA games feel much more responsive.
Old 09-24-2007   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't see why not, the 360 version already has Rumble, it should just be a quick job of converting it to DualShock use.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #3
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
that would be pretty cool, just like all the previous GTA games on the PS2
optik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #4
BC Rich

BC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud of
It would be weird to play GTA without a rumble
Old 09-24-2007   #5
UnleadedPenguin

UnleadedPenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Rich
It would be weird to play GTA without a rumble
I agree, that's why I was really surprised when I heard that the PS3 SixAxis controller wouldn't have rumble. I'm glad they've designed the new controller with it built in, even though I'll have to pay more to get them once I've got my PS3.
Old 09-24-2007   #6
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Ash is right about the vibration coding already being there for the 360.

Plus, at the bottom of the list you linked to UnleadedPunguin, it says : Pretty much every game in development too...
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #7
Deej
Special Someone

Deej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished road
Eh.. I never cared for it so don't really mind if they put it in or leave it out.
Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #8
jayuk2

jayuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
ps3 is swag.

they really know how to hype things up,then take as much money as possible.

leaving sony buyers dissapointed.
jayuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #9
jamaican_pickle
Banned
Banned

jamaican_pickle is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont care about rumble i play with a pc
jamaican_pickle is offline   Reply With Quote