Old 09-29-2007   #1
Shepherd1991

Police Cars

I don't know about you guys but I think the cop cars so far have looked amzingly realistic! Not sure if they will keep the exact model or not but the white paint and the tires really match well. Do any of you hope these will have new sirens too? Wail, Yelp, Pier, Hi-lo, Air Horn?
Old 10-02-2007   #2
Old Timer
Ryder and Smoke were RATZ!!!
Loyal Member

Old Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enough
Talking Cop cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian Husky
I don't know about you guys but I think the cop cars so far have looked amzingly realistic! Not sure if they will keep the exact model or not but the white paint and the tires really match well. Do any of you hope these will have new sirens too? Wail, Yelp, Pier, Hi-lo, Air Horn?
I thought the ones in GTASA looked quite a bit like most of the real ones, and I hope they keep that "basic" look in GTA IV, but, some really nice undercover cars would be nice too
OT
Old Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #3
Shepherd1991

Yea, and the tires are very detailed if you watch the second trailer. Most cop cars aren't supposed to have stylish rims. They look really accurate in the second trailer
Old 10-03-2007   #4
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
The GTA IV police cars that have been seen in the trailers and screens are a GTA version of the 2001 Ford Crown Victoria. To me they look very realistic to what they do in real life and I was pretty happy to see a cop car in GTA that looks exactly like the ones that are in the city the game is based in.

GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas lacked that. San Andreas doesn't lack as much because of the 1989 Chevrolet Caprice cop vehicle in Las Venturas, Los Santos and San Fierro cop vehicles were about 70% GTA created, just very very loosly based on a early 90's version of the chevrolet caprice classic.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #5
Terminator-UK
*Account Closed*

Terminator-UK is an unknown quantity at this point
They are 1992-97 Ford Crown Victorias
Terminator-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #6
Shepherd1991

The lightbars are nice too.
I was thinking more blue and red. But, white and red do the job too
Old 10-08-2007   #7
jamaican_pickle
Banned
Banned

jamaican_pickle is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=iKlipse]The GTA IV police cars that have been seen in the trailers and screens are a GTA version of the 2001 Ford Crown Victoria. To me they look very realistic to what they do in real life and I was pretty happy to see a cop car in GTA that looks exactly like the ones that are in the city the game is based in.[QUOTE]

to me it is very important that the cars in gtaiv are just like the ones commonly found in the NYC.... it just make the city feel right
jamaican_pickle is offline   Reply With Quote