Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2007   #1
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
What the shit? GTAIV on PS3 this fucking month?!

http://www.qj.net/UK-PlayStation-sit.../49/aid/103800

I'm at a loss for words. Surely this is a mistake. But what the hell, what if it isn't?
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #2
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
Perhaps the site they worked off of didn't update the delay news?

joek i sai
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #3
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Y'know, that's not too far out. This is waaaaaaay too good to be true IMO.
Old 10-01-2007   #4
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Too good to be true.

But if by some chance it's real, then lol.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #5
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
If this is real, I will laugh hysterically in happiness. I really fucking hope this is true, please be fucking true <3
Old 10-01-2007   #6
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
This is wrong. It was stated that the 360 version was far more closer to completion than the PS3 one, there's no way it's suddenly ready for release.

On that note, I have a PS3 now so it'd be cool if it was coming this month like originally planned. But alas, it's not.
Old 10-01-2007   #7
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
No, it's not true.

Now, we can spam this thread to Hell and back maybe?
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #8
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I must say I'm seriously confused then.
Old 10-01-2007   #9
Shadow Conception

My pleasure, Schwab.
Old 10-01-2007   #10
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
You don't know that yet.

@Phreak: That was back when the game was first shown, and they said the 360 version was slightly ahead of the PS3 version. In recent articles they were saying that they were having trouble streaming data on the 360 and keeping data size down.

Still, the only way I can see this being true is if they found some way to fix the framerate issues they were having. If it were coming out this month, they would have like a week to work on it before it would have to go gold.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #11
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

All I know is the 360 version was supposedly 80% done before the delay, and people everywhere were blaming PS3 for all the problems. That argument can go on until the day of release, but I'm not going to get into it. All I want is for the game to be as clean as possible. Forza Motorsport 2 was basically killed by glitches of all kinds and I don't want GTA IV to be the same. Rushed releases are a big no-no.
Old 10-01-2007   #12
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I'm going to move this thread into the GTA IV forum so I can throw it in the news post.
Old 10-01-2007   #13
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
If this is real, I will laugh hysterically in happiness. I really fucking hope this is true, please be fucking true <3
I know why you will laugh hysterically, you bastard ;p
Old 10-01-2007   #14
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Oh , actually I wasn't even thinking that tbh, which seems to further prove this false.. fuck. Anyway, below is what I wrote before you pretty much spoiled this moment for me.

Now looking more into this, this is probably one of the most confusing things I've seen regarding GTA IV. Microsoft has got that whole exclusivity w/e deal with them, so it seems odd that the PS3 version would get an early start, especially after the game's announcement at E3 2006 where Peter Moore stated that the 360 version would be available from day one (literally not to mention simultaneously to the PS3 version). So there is proof that backs up both arguments here. If you haven't read my news post, I learned from one of the comments on that QJ.net article that Sony is to be making a "big bang" announcement on October 12th, (next Friday). Even though that could be about anything from price cuts to a 40GB PS3, an early GTA IV release on PS3 certainly seems to fit the definition of a "big bang announcement".
Old 10-01-2007   #15
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
The Xbox site says the release date is To Be Decided...

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/g/grandtheftautoiv/

So it's totally up in the air, slim