Old 09-06-2007   #1
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
GTA IV: extra publicity?

With the release date postponed, would R* stick to the traditional scheme of 3 trailers? That would really take off the pressure, personally I don't think that would be a good idea. What do you think? Will there be more trailers, just extra screens or nothing extra at all? And, in the latter case, when would they release that third and final trailer? October would be too soon, March too late, everybody would forget about the game!
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #2
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I think they'll definitely change from the original plan. My guess would be that the current quite period (pretty much since the delay was annouced) is Rockstar re planning their pre-release media schemes.

Again guessing, there will only be one more "big" trailer but we may see a few small clips as well. Beyond some extra previews/screens I don't think there'll be much more info than they originally thought they'd release.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #3
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
Actually I hope they release as little information as possible. I hope they don't release small gameplay vids etc, simply because that ruined some of the SA and VC for me. There were no surprises left. It's like a blockbuster movie, where all the good scenes is showed over and over on commercials on TV, and when you finally get to see it, it feels like you've seen it 10 times before.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #4
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
True T-Virus, I would assume they'll still stick as close to the "no more than 30%" thing as much as they can, but it's different now. Perhaps this is why they're waiting, they will just resume the original plan 2-3 months before release as it was when they delayed it.

I just thought they'd feel the need to do something special or extra in light of the delay, especially due to "We'll have more information very soon" that was in the email sent to fan sites from Sam Houser.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #5
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
They might put in another trailer or something, to keep the hype at a high level. Although that's not really needed for me, I'm hyped to the day of release by now anyway

I really liked the thing they did on both SA and VC, with all the teaser stuff, but as I said, it reveals too much.
So I hope R* will do things a bit different this time.
Old 09-06-2007   #6
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
It's not difficult to realize that there is next to no hype at the moment. I had predicted a trailer at the end of September (3 month gap between each), however, it's pretty unlikely now.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #7
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
I hope we see a trailer around January then an explosion of new previews and new images. Hype will go back up.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #8
scorged

I'm sure in December the hype will come back, so that all the little kiddys will keep their money (from Christmas ect.) and buy it.
Old 09-07-2007   #9
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
@5tatic and scorged: true, the hype will be cultivated again, but I think it would be better to keep the pressure constantly at a high level. A gameplay movie wouldn't ruin my experience at all, it didn't with the other games in the series, so why would this on be different?
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #10
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

Might not have ruined anything for you, but I'm a bit tired of games and movies where all the good stuff is revealed before release.

In VC, you practically knew all about how the game would look, because of all the gameplay vids. I'd rather see nothing of that to get the best GTA experience when I start the game for the very first time.
Old 09-07-2007   #11
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
if that is the case, they should just keep doing teaser trailers, showing little bits at a time. that would be alright with me

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #12
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Actually I hope they release as little information as possible. I hope they don't release small gameplay vids etc, simply because that ruined some of the SA and VC for me. There were no surprises left. It's like a blockbuster movie, where all the good scenes is showed over and over on commercials on TV, and when you finally get to see it, it feels like you've seen it 10 times before.
I disagree, I would like alittle gameplay video. Especially the shooting. I want to see how the new targeting system may work out with the cops. When they released video for SA it didn't ruin it for me at all. A couple videos of CJ playing basketball, getting a haircut, and going to a dance party on a beach was very little of what the game had to offer.
Old 09-09-2007   #13
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I think the next trailer will come out next month on the day the game was supposed to be released. Past that I don't know.