Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007   #16
mrdie
Member of the Past

mrdie is on a distinguished roadmrdie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro
Your suggestions I completely agree with, but they're already implemented. Cops don't use weapons unless you use a weapon, for example.
I'm pretty sure I've done minor offenses (Crashed into a cop's car, my car turned over, I ran away, car safely exploded with nothing hurt) and saw police shooting at me.

But yeah, police should act like you're just a normal criminal at first. "Get out of the car, sir." and so on.
Old 04-05-2007   #17
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Well, yes that happens, but generally they do all of the things posted in the OP.
Old 04-05-2007   #18
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
yea somehitng needs to be changed. least in SA they toned it down a bit and didnt have 20 cops on every block pull a spike strip out of his ass and launch it like VC. but yea the wpolice chases are so rediculous its not even that fun. all you have to do is drive straight and they end up smashing into everything.

personally i liek drivers AI cops. they put up a good fight. (drivign good weaving around traffic peds not just plowing into them) that and if you got out and into another car when the cops didnt see your face you were free.
Old 04-05-2007   #19
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
I thought the police WOULD restraing from using guns if you only did something small like punch someone.
But yeah, if you're on foot, it's reasonable the cops would know where you are, but car chases should be cooler like driver or need for speed, something like that.
Old 04-05-2007   #20
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy_999
I thought the police WOULD restraing from using guns if you only did something small like punch someone.
They do.
Old 04-05-2007   #21
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
K just checking... First post made it seem like otherwise
Old 04-05-2007   #22
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point
I hated how in San Andreas the cops were completly incompentant when you had three or less stars on you but all of a sudden after four their cars get pretty much impossible to outrun. I kinda miss the spike strips too.
Old 04-05-2007   #23
onearmdriver

onearmdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
anybody here remember 2fast2furious the begining of the movie the speedracers were racing then a
Cop carries a bazooka looking canon and shoots the car an eletric magnets stops the engine
of the car...That would be awesome it forces you to get out of the vehicle instead of a car chase run
in GTA IV. also Cops should shoot tazers to stop you, then ur whole energy would be drain. wasted that quick!
Old 04-05-2007   #24
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
You mean the EMP Gun? Yeah that would be pretty cool I guess.
I also noticed in the trailer there was a fat cop. I mean he was fairly obese. Shouldn't this affect how fast he can run? Also, if you were to follow him around he should be in and out of the coffee shop every five minutes.
Old 04-05-2007   #25
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorRichardsFanatic
You mean the EMP Gun? Yeah that would be pretty cool I guess.
I also noticed in the trailer there was a fat cop. I mean he was fairly obese. Shouldn't this affect how fast he can run?
I'd love to be able to punch him, run away, and watch as he waddles towards me. I'd like to see the cops (as well as all peds) doing their daily activities. They chase other people, write tickets, and at the end of their shift they go to the station and get ready to go home. SA tried doing this for peds, but I don't think driving a car into a driveway getting out and walking away really counts.
Old 04-05-2007   #26
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonikdude750
I'd love to be able to punch him, run away, and watch as he waddles towards me. I'd like to see the cops (as well as all peds) doing their daily activities. They chase other people, write tickets, and at the end of their shift they go to the station and get ready to go home. SA tried doing this for peds, but I don't think driving a car into a driveway getting out and walking away really counts.
@ sonic....Yes, I agree; the peds should go into their house; open their garage door, start washing the car, get on the mower, an mow the grass; play catch with the neighbor, pick up the paper, what peds in life do; Cops should be the same, they have lifes outside the cop shop; etc; etc; R* has the technolgy to do this,an it won't detract from the story line ; are any of the stuff, you really want in the game...this is a revolution here. R* ...make it so.

Last edited by FG; 04-05-2007 at 05:23 PM..
Old 04-07-2007   #27
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacCinHECKLER&K
more realistic sounds good to me like i dont agree that police should just know where the hell you are at all times on the map if you get like 3 stars or something. I beleive that if you loose police for about 5 to 10 seconds max then your starz should drop. Gta shouldnt make the pay n spray or cheats the only way to survive and get the cops off you
i like how saints row did it, if the police saw you they would persue but you didnt get random police comming after you wherever you went
Old 04-08-2007   #28
Ian
Grand Theft Manual

Ian is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonikdude750
SA tried doing this for peds, but I don't think driving a car into a driveway getting out and walking away really counts.
I've noticed some of them are stupid and can't park for sh*t and keeping ramming their cars into the walls or pillars of a driveway when attempting parking.

I think not only police behavior needed to be modified, the whole people interactivity thing should be given an overhaul. I want to see people involved in collisions coming out and argueing, and if you stick around sometime later a towtruck would come and tow the wrecks away, just like fire engines when there is a fire or ambulances when people are killed.
Old 09-07-2007   #29
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro
Minor offenses like smashing a car or driving too fast are stupid and will take the fun out of the game. I don't think that is what the series needs. What it needs however, is better police AI. I don't want cops spawning every goddamn block and it's ridiculous that cops always recognize me on sight when I've got stars.
i agree on this. my friend and i were playin 2 player and were going up mnt. chiliad, and cops spawned in front of us. that definitely has to stop. everything pretty much needs to be tweaked a little bit. i think

Old 09-08-2007   #30
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
gta4crazy1, please don't anymore post in a thread that hasn't been active for more than 2 weeks. (This one is, in fact, 5 months old.)

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Closed Thread