Old 08-18-2007   #1
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
New-ish Release Date?

I just got this email from Amazon.com (US):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon.com Email
Hello from Amazon.com.

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on July 22 2007 16:31 PDT. The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition" [Video Game]
Release date: 04/30/2008
Estimated arrival date: 05/02/2008 - 05/05/2008
that's different from the release date on the main page, so just thought i'd but that out there.

EDIT: sorry, i suck at dates and stuff. April is after March, so the title of the thread should say something about a delay. Sorry!

Last edited by optik; 08-18-2007 at 01:05 AM..
optik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #2
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
Another delay isn't what i was hoping for when i came into this thread.
Old 08-18-2007   #3
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Since the game is released in Take2's fiscal Q2 it is between the 1st of Feb and the 30th of April. It looks to me like they've just told you the latest possible date so that when a more solid release date is known to them it will most likely move forward.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #4
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86
Since the game is released in Take2's fiscal Q2 it is between the 1st of Feb and the 30th of April. It looks to me like they've just told you the latest possible date so that when a more solid release date is known to them it will most likely move forward.
OK, thanks for putting that out there. Sorry if I may have exaggerated the release date a bit
optik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #5
Smokeydogg7

Smokeydogg7 is an unknown quantity at this point
no release date is set in stone this game could come out next month or next year or in 2023 no one really knows until R gives out the official release date and even then it could get delayed again you dont know all you can hope for is the game comes out asap
Old 08-18-2007   #6
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I like the delay because this shows us that rockstar are not half assing GTA IV.
Old 08-18-2007   #7
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeydogg7
no release date is set in stone this game could come out next month or next year or in 2023 no one really knows until R gives out the official release date and even then it could get delayed again you dont know all you can hope for is the game comes out asap
Not entirely true. It's confirmed that the game will be released sometime in 2008 between February 1st and April 30th, Take2's second fiscal quarter of 2008. The Admins here have apparently had confirmation that the date will be March 4th (US) but they've not proven it to us plebs as far as I know.

Take2 Press Release
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #8
Deej
Special Someone

Deej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished road
Yeah.. That would suck if there was another delay.
Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #9
sbart
Newbie Member

sbart is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shy Child.
I like the delay because this shows us that rockstar are not half assing GTA IV.
word
sbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #10
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbart
word
Please elaborate a little more when replying to a thread outside the Crap Shack, a one worded post is equivalent to spamming.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #11
sbart
Newbie Member

sbart is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Clansman:.
Please elaborate a little more when replying to a thread outside the Crap Shack, a one worded post is equivalent to spamming.
ok sorry. next time i will be more specific.
sbart is offline   Reply With Quote