Old 03-24-2007   #16
Sparthan
Tonight we dine in HELL !

Sparthan is on a distinguished roadSparthan is on a distinguished road
yeah , now that I know that PS2 or XboX wouldn't do the job , I am more sceptical than ever - What if an PC version never comes up 0-0 , wtf are the PC users gonna do , no idea , let's hope that R* will not do this mistake , cuz they sure gonna lose a lots of their fans
Old 03-24-2007   #17
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
I do not see Rockstar neglecting its PC users . They are a " for - profit company "
Old 03-24-2007   #18
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
If following the current trend, the PC version should be released between May-June 2008.
Old 03-24-2007   #19
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparthan
yeah , now that I know that PS2 or XboX wouldn't do the job , I am more sceptical than ever - What if an PC version never comes up 0-0 , wtf are the PC users gonna do , no idea , let's hope that R* will not do this mistake , cuz they sure gonna lose a lots of their fans
Last-gen consoles are not comparable to PC. The PC version won't come out if it's not on PS2 and Xbox because the PC is upgradeable, whereas the PS2 and Xbox will use the same technology always.
Old 03-24-2007   #20
will99
Banned
Banned

will99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin
LCS and VCS were originally on the PSP and ported to PS2. III, VC and SA were on the PS2 and ported to PC.

I don't see why they wouldn't release it on PC, especially using whatever logic you have.
Yeah Olin is right! R* should release it on PC........Can u emagine modding "IV".... WOW!!!! I would be lovin' it to BITS!
Old 03-24-2007   #21
kalifa

kalifa is on a distinguished roadkalifa is on a distinguished road
You know... GTA3 and Vice City came out 6-8 months later on the PC and xBox1 because SONY had an exclusivity deal with R*.

But now, since the PS3 sales have been very low (1 million+ units), and not everyone likes or cares about the GTAs, they'd sell some 500k -/+ PS3 GTA4 copies? Don't think so!

A have a PC and no intention of getting any console. On this matter, I hope R* releases GTA4 on Windows XP as well as (not just) Windows Vista... this is what worries me. There are more copies of XP than Vista installed out there, so I hope this factor weighs in on R*'s game making process.
Old 03-25-2007   #22
Sparthan

Quote:
You know... GTA3 and Vice City came out 6-8 months later on the PC and xBox1 because SONY had an exclusivity deal with R*.

But now, since the PS3 sales have been very low (1 million+ units), and not everyone likes or cares about the GTAs, they'd sell some 500k -/+ PS3 GTA4 copies? Don't think so!

A have a PC and no intention of getting any console. On this matter, I hope R* releases GTA4 on Windows XP as well as (not just) Windows Vista... this is what worries me. There are more copies of XP than Vista installed out there, so I hope this factor weighs in on R*'s game making process.
I can tell you about Vista , I tryed to install it , after the "sucessful" instalation I found out that I have no sound , I tryed to install my original drivers for my motherboard (cuz my soundcard isn't separeted from my motherboard) but there were some mad errors after the instalation of the drivers , after each start of Vista , with any kind of sound starting , there was a LONG eror on blue screen and than restart , and all over again , untill you roll back the system to the moment the drivers weren't installed.I tryed downloading the newest drivers vor my soundcard FOR Vista , installed them , than the same error came up , I got mad , and installed my truly friend XP , now I live peacefully with it Sorry dude but Vista has way more bugs than XP , and Vista has no Service Packs yet , so , hope there is GTA IV for XP

Last edited by Sparthan; 03-25-2007 at 03:31 AM..
Old 03-25-2007   #23
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparthan
I can tell you about Vista , I tryed to install it , after the "sucessful" instalation I found out that I have no sound , I tryed to install my original drivers for my motherboard (cuz my soundcard isn't separeted from my motherboard) but there were some mad errors after the instalation of the drivers , after each start of Vista , with any kind of sound starting , there was a LONG eror on blue screen and than restart , and all over again , untill you roll back the system to the moment the drivers weren't installed.I tryed downloading the newest drivers vor my soundcard FOR Vista , installed them , than the same error came up , I got mad , and installed my truly friend XP , now I live peacefully with it Sorry dude but Vista has way more bugs than XP , and Vista has no Service Packs yet , so , hope there is GTA IV for XP
Well duh. What did you expect, the GTA you installed wasn't even made compactible for Vista. GTAIV will be compactible with Vista since they need to reform their scope of which operating system it's gonna be running on. Also judging, you can look that there might be shitty support like in vista for anything older than XP. And i can hardly imagine GTAIV as a DX10 feature
Old 03-25-2007   #24
Sparthan

Well I didn't installed GTA , I installed Vista ...... you didn't understood me , did you ???
Old 03-25-2007   #25
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
no, the "no sound" thing got me since no GTA works with sound on my system running Vista
Old 03-25-2007   #26
Sparthan

aham , ok , the understanding is an important thing , you know
How did you get sound without any error messages ??? lol couldn't reach that , with all my effords , how the f*ck thit you do that ? o_O
Old 03-27-2007   #27
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
GTA will always appear on PC, because the real fans are PC gamers. I know people who own SA on PS2 who have never played VC or III! Really, PC market is so huge, they would never let us down. I know LCS and VCS are exceptions, though they still might appear for PC (maybe when they release IV for consoles, to ease the pain?).
Old 08-20-2007   #28
x_orange90_x
WildBlue Sucks!
Newbie Member

x_orange90_x is an unknown quantity at this point
i think R* would be shooting themselves in the foot for depending on PS3 and avoiding the PC. PC will always live, PS3 is already nearing the end of its life. Sony loses $100 for every console they make, and $600 for everyone that doesn't sell, and that isnt good numbers. they should either make it for all three, or just Xbox360 and PC to be safe. i have heard that Sony isnt far from discontinuing PS3, that is if the sales dont increase. PS3 will bankrupt them if they dont do something smart real soon.
Old 08-20-2007   #29
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
You didn't need to bump a 5 month old topic, orange90. Please take a review at our rules and use the existing (and more active) topic.

Last edited by Asif; 08-20-2007 at 04:56 PM..
Closed Thread