Old 08-13-2007   #1
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
1st person GTA?

The footage in the second trailer with the in-car first-person view made me think (it took a long time, I know, but I always depend on irregular flashes of insight). Why would the 1st person view only be used when driving a vehicle? Do you think there might be a chance that you could go 1st person when Niko is on foot? We haven't seen any on foot gameplay yet, so...would we have the choice or would they stick to the original 3rd person view only?
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #2
Pivotto
Loading - Please Wait

Pivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura about
Probably won't happen, but I always had hoped they'd have a first person view in GTA, I'd love it personally.
Old 08-13-2007   #3
Nediar
Piece Of Shit

Nediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really nice
It was most likely a cut scene we seen.

Only first person thing I know of in-game is sniping and when you are being driven somewhere inside a taxi.

XBL: SteveOTNS
Nediar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #4
gtamonster
Newbie Member

gtamonster is an unknown quantity at this point
lets hope that if there is 1st person in gta 4, that its only an option.
gtamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #5
Kwanza

Kwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enough
I really don't see the point, the game wouldn't work well as a first person.
Kwanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #6
Pothead
Dope Boy Magic

Pothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished road
Yeah I could see it being too complicated, cause you can't see around you, what you have to move around, I think it would be a big problem imo.

Don't fucking fall in love with people.
Hold the person that you love closely if they're next to you.
The one you love, not the person that'll simply have sex with you.
Appreciate them to the fullest extent, and then beyond.
'Cause you never really know what you've got, until it's gone..
Pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #7
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
There's always been 1st person view while driving, essentially a bumper view but still 1st person. As for on foot I'd vote no thanks, I don't like 1st person games so much. Plus as Kwanza said, it wouldn't work too well considering Niko will be doing things like climbing telephone poles and jumping between building tops and grabbing ledges etc, these sort of acrobatic things are easier in a 3rd person view.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #8
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
I also vote no on the 3rd person. I agree with emphysema when he says that you can't look around. it makes it non-GTA-ish. Since 3, GTA has been 3rd person, and I can't see the game in anything other than that. If there was a 1st and 3rd person option, that would be nice, though, for the people that would like 1st person
optik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #9
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortigern
The footage in the second trailer with the in-car first-person view made me think (it took a long time, I know, but I always depend on irregular flashes of insight). Why would the 1st person view only be used when driving a vehicle? Do you think there might be a chance that you could go 1st person when Niko is on foot? We haven't seen any on foot gameplay yet, so...would we have the choice or would they stick to the original 3rd person view only?
First-Person View has been in all the PS2 GTA Games so far, you just have to use the select button in a car or plane and you would get that view which is most likely to return in GTA IV.

I was thinking a few days ago about something, I don't think they would add it but it was just a though I had. In the past GTA's when you were on foot, you could use the select button to get different views. I was thinking that maybe you could get this view in IV as well as the overhead view that you could get in GTA III.

Doubt that would happen but I was just thinking about it...
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #10
jammsbro
Autodrunk

jammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enough
If it was 1st person i wouldnt buy it, even if it was large part of it i wouldnt buy it.
Old 08-15-2007   #11
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
I was convinced that the in-car view we saw in the second trailer was actual gameplay (I still am actually). I don't think they'd leave the 3rd person either, I just pointed out the option of adding a 1st person. The main difference with the bumper view we've seen before is that this time, we will see everything through the eyes of the caracter.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007   #12
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Would be handy to see little details that you cant see in the normal 3rd person view.
Old 08-16-2007   #13
waggy44
Woop Woop

waggy44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shy Child.
Would be handy to see little details that you cant see in the normal 3rd person view.
im sure they will still have the free look that they had in all the other gta games, so shouldnt worry about that too much.

waggy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007   #14
scorged

I hope they pull some stuff like in oblivion, where you can have the choice to do it either way. Of course though it is gta, so i don't want the "default" view to be first person.
Old 08-16-2007   #15
Pivotto
Loading - Please Wait

Pivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura about
Yeah.. everyone here is saying "no first person it'd be too hard to play" but we're talking about it being an option... not something that the entire game is. I'd love to have first person as an option.