Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2007   #11
Kwanza

Kwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enough
Quote:
afterfl0w, just a quick question, you seem to want very big changes to the site, some good ideas and all, but how long have you been checking this site? Were you around in the edge days and stuff, this forums colour scheme is based upon that and the main site hasn't changed it's design that much in years, yes some things need to be sorted out, updated, cleared up, etc but it's proven to be a winning formula. Changing a few things is good, but a total rehaul of the site will just seem awkward for those of us who have been around for a long time. I'm not saying you have bad ideas, infact most are great, but scrapping the sites look and colour scheme seems drastic.
I think you're clinging onto the old site a bit much. I've been checking since the Vice City promotional sites started coming out (kentpaul.com), but I don't think that should matter too much.

What this site needs, is a little bit of change of direction. They asked for ideas, and I gave them. It is a winning formula, but it's the same formula as every other site. Now, wouldn't it be great if the site overcame other GTA fan sites, in more than just having more visitors? An up-to-date design would be one of these things that helps it in leaps and bounds above the rest. The good community is already here, and it's one of the things I've always liked about GTAGaming. The color scheme is fine though, it's a classic thing and it matches. The main site layout needs cleaning up though, and that's the main thing I was going for.

I don't intend my ideas to be things that, if used, completely change the site from GTAGaming, to GTA INFORMATION CORP, removing anything personal from the site. In fact, having the content on the site, the opinions, the readings, being MORE personal, makes the site so much more down to earth and fun to read.

Change is good, change is great, and the site growing is also a good thing.

Last edited by Kwanza; 07-25-2007 at 04:46 PM..
Kwanza is offline   Reply With Quote