Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2007   #1
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
GTAGaming Site Critique?

Hey all,

I'm hoping this thread will receive some exposure. One major thing on my mind right now is how the main site is performing in comparison to its full potential. I'm turning to hear your opinions and critiques of the site. What are its strengths? What are the weaknesses? What do you like from other sites that we should be doing? What could be done better? What are some features you would like to see?

Here's your chance, so voice your opinion! It will help shape the site over the next month.

*Suggestions So Far*

1) Do something about the mods listed
2) RSS News feed
3) Forum rewards system
4) Latest News/Topics listed in the forum
5) Newer, less cluttered design
6) More user integrated and submitted content
7) Converge edgeid and forumid
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #2
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
well either start updating the mod downloads or take them off because when you look at it and see the last mod is quite old it gives a false feeling that the site is neglected.
Old 07-24-2007   #3
Pothead
Dope Boy Magic

Pothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished road
I would have to say the mod part, cause theres never knew ones (except GRIMS new pack) but.. as Canadian Wolf said that its old, should upload more or take it out completely..

Don't fucking fall in love with people.
Hold the person that you love closely if they're next to you.
The one you love, not the person that'll simply have sex with you.
Appreciate them to the fullest extent, and then beyond.
'Cause you never really know what you've got, until it's gone..
Pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #4
Blazer

Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe another menu along the right hand side(preferrably the top) so you can look at the site at a quick glance for any new updates. Very similar to the Forum Activity part of the page, that way if there's any brand new news, then you can scroll down a bit and read it.

But apart from that I think the website is flawless (well.. nothings perfect, but in terms of layout and features, this one takes the cake.)

Oh yeah, in terms of the mods part, i'd say if you could have it reset after 30 - 60 days on it that it'll say "no new mods" or something, Its always fun with mods, but I doubt any new car mods or anything will be released till IV comes out for PC.

Last edited by Blazer; 07-24-2007 at 02:58 PM..
Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #5
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Upcoming months will be much frequent on news. I think, news feed from the site would be a nice addition.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #6
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, an RSS feed would be awesome. Other than the fact that the mods are hardly added onto gtagaming, gtagaming.com is great.

I think you could add like a points type system to the forum. Basically, there's a bank where there is an interest where your money goes up regularly. and you can deposit your points and take out some points. You gain posts for posting and people donating points. With these points you can buy into user groups and ribbons for certain things like awareness for a certain thing, to show support for various causes in the forum (which show up under your rep pips) The QJ forums have an excellent example of this.

grimmy is a gay icon

Last edited by oppar; 07-24-2007 at 03:24 PM..
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #7
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
Maybe put the most recent topics into a bar along the side? So everyone can see whats new?
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #8
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
There already is a right-menu for news and forum posts, its labeled "News Headlines" and "Forum Activity". Or am I just misunderstanding?
Old 07-24-2007   #9
Lucky
That Guy

Lucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of light
Kodo is right, thats how I fount out GTAG has a forums. I think perhaps a new color scheme would help make the site look more updated, but on second fault, scratch that because I like the current one.

Perhaps get rid of the Latest Files box underneath the Forum Activity one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
There's loads of other fish in the sea. Stay out of the whales. Fucking fatties.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #10
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo
There already is a right-menu for news and forum posts, its labeled "News Headlines" and "Forum Activity". Or am I just misunderstanding?

I think he means in the forum. So when you're browsing, there's like a little box on the left hand side with links to say the newest posts or other parts of the forum.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #11
Kodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic
I think he means in the forum. So when you're browsing, there's like a little box on the left hand side with links to say the newest posts or other parts of the forum.
Oh I see, that's a great idea.
Old 07-24-2007   #12
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute
i did suggest that too, but thought it was only suggestions for the gtagaming site, not the forum, so deleted my post. A mac style dock on the right/left would be good too with quick links or recent posts etc.

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #13
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
How about adding a SA:MP forum. This has been suggested a lot of times, and it could have potential. A lot of us are playing it, and it got back online today after the shutdown. We could make a clan, server etc.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #14
Kodo

I appreciate the ideas, but let's try to steer it back on track for site improvements rather than forum.
Old 07-24-2007   #15
Follow
Forget It

Follow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura about
maybe link the "login" button on top of the page linked to gtag forums instead of the edge forums?
cause i think if you want to leave a message on one of the articles you have to login into edge and not the GTAG forums, so maybe try and do something with that..if im making sense
Follow is offline   Reply With Quote