Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007   #1
Rossoneri
Newbie Member

Rossoneri is an unknown quantity at this point
New info from New Preview!

I got this from someone else but it appears valid (credits to TatersnNuggets on Gamespot forums):
*Edit* This appears to be valid as I have checked other sites and even found the cover of the mag

The august magazine of Games Aktuell has some awesome new info! i summed it up here. oh and a interview video.

1.Niko will be able to break into houses at night and steal with a partner.

2.Co-op details saying a sort of "free-roam" with player via online, no info on any split screen.

3.cops will have k-9 units to sniff you out.

4.buying guns from Jacob will unlock more guns, ammunition store still alive, supplying small arms.

5.body armor will show

6.multiplayer accessed via cell phone.

7.gears of war style duck n cover.

8.rob able stores

9.Single player missions are complete, multiplayer in the works.

Hopefully someone here can find scans of this mag.

Last edited by Rossoneri; 07-18-2007 at 12:28 AM..
Old 07-18-2007   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
1. Nice, should make it a little more interesting and fun
3. Just hope people won't try to bust Rockstar for animal abuse
5. Great, as long as they also provide Visuals of the damage
6. Isn't the whole Menu based off the Cell Phone now?
9. Good to know, they have around 90 days to finish and perfect the multiplayer
Old 07-18-2007   #3
Werdoop

Werdoop is on a distinguished roadWerdoop is on a distinguished roadWerdoop is on a distinguished roadWerdoop is on a distinguished roadWerdoop is on a distinguished road
Hmmm I can't see Rockstar putting another animal in one of their games I remember Bully got in crap for you being able to kick the dog even though you couldn't kill it, but I can't see them making a dog invincible either because they're trying to be more realistic.
Old 07-18-2007   #4
Rossoneri
Newbie Member

Yea there was some old info in there but a lot of new info too.
Does anybody know who the girl is on the cover of all these magazines? She keeps appearing all over the place yet I have not heard any info about her.
I really hope you will be able to hurt/kill the dogs because I think the whole point of adding dogs to the game would be ruined if they were invincible beasts. Besides what makes you think Rockstar will get critized over this? Mgs3 had dogs and noone bitched about that, plus there have been other games to with guard dogs that could be killed.

Last edited by Rossoneri; 07-18-2007 at 12:37 AM..
Old 07-18-2007   #5
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Oh shit, dogs! (How timely to find this out)

Finally, body armour shows. Much needed feature.

And Xan, I'm feeling that the cellphone will replace the menu entirely aswell.

Where's this magazine from though? Never heard of it. Thanks for posting nonetheless.
Old 07-18-2007   #6
Rossoneri
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettermaniac
Oh shit, dogs! (How timely to find this out)

Finally, body armour shows. Much needed feature.

And Xan, I'm feeling that the cellphone will replace the menu entirely as well.

Where's this magazine from though? Never heard of it. Thanks for posting nonetheless.
Mag is from Germany, Also there seems to be a new video about GTA4 on DVD attached with the mag. Hopefully some German will be kind enough to post the video on youtube

Last edited by Rossoneri; 07-18-2007 at 12:41 AM..
Old 07-18-2007   #7
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossoneri
Yea there was some old info in there but a lot of new info too.
Does anybody know who the girl is on the cover of all these magazines? She keeps appearing all over the place yet I have not heard any info about her.
I really hope you will be able to hurt/kill the dogs because I think the whole point of adding dogs to the game would be ruined if they were invincible beasts. Besides what makes you think Rockstar will get critized over this? Mgs3 had dogs and noone bitched about that, plus there have been other games to with guard dogs that could be killed.
chick is probably some random girl. look at most gta covers, the females are never in the game
Old 07-18-2007   #8
scorged

good find

Old 07-18-2007   #9
Frogracing19

Frogracing19 is on a distinguished roadFrogracing19 is on a distinguished roadFrogracing19 is on a distinguished roadFrogracing19 is on a distinguished road
lol hope u dont mind but i posted this on ign's boards gave cred to you and the guy that u got it from
Old 07-18-2007   #10
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
I've heard the German Games Aktuell is supposed come by this Saturday, with 20 new screenshots and an exclusive video. I'll wait for the scans.

Edit: These infos are originated from a thread at GameFAQs boards, so I'll have to be doubtful right now (because we know GameFAQs already has bad reputation of spreading bogus news), until we get the scans of the magazine.

Last edited by Asif; 07-18-2007 at 03:10 AM..
Old 07-18-2007   #11
blooded186
Newbie Member

blooded186 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif
I've heard the German Games Aktuell is supposed come by this Saturday, with 20 new screenshots and an exclusive video. I'll wait for the scans.

Edit: These infos are originated from a thread at GameFAQs boards, so I'll have to be doubtful right now, until I get the scans of the magazine.
this is true. (http://www.cynamite.de/ps3/news/more..._gespielt.html)
im fluent in german thats what it says. that sucks cause im in germany right now i could pick it up but im leaving tomrow back for the u.s. =(
Old 07-18-2007   #12
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
I am not saying that the magazine is false. I am still skeptical about the given infos about GTA IV, until I see the scans of the magazine.
Old 07-18-2007   #13
Scotty

Scotty is on a distinguished roadScotty is on a distinguished roadScotty is on a distinguished road
Wow, dogs in GTAIV. That'll make some more interesting police fights.

If theres police dogs, could this mean that they're will be other animals? Maybe stray cats will be seen walking around in alleys, or if you break into someones house, they're pet dog will defend their owner.

GTAIV is sounding better and better...
Old 07-18-2007   #14
RyanEmerica13
The Dude, dude

RyanEmerica13 is on a distinguished roadRyanEmerica13 is on a distinguished road
Dogs? Sounds pretty cool. Scary though, what if your in an alley and you think you lost the cops when all of a sudden attack dog comes and gets you outta nowhere! Would scare the shit outta me!
Old 07-18-2007   #15
Scotty

Scotty is on a distinguished roadScotty is on a distinguished roadScotty is on a distinguished road
When I think of getting attacked by dogs, I think of Tomb Raider or Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow. (I haven't played the MGS one with dogs), and even those dogs (specially the TR ones) scared the crap out of me when I was being attacked. It'll probably be even scarier in GTAIV as it will be very realistic.

It'd be pretty cool to see police cars pull up to the scene of a crime with a dog visible in the backseat, then opening the door for the dog to get out and the police walking around with it.
Closed Thread