Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2007   #1
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Sony's E3 2007 PS3 lineup

This thread is for those who missed Sony's E3 press conference (or don't want to sit through all of it ) but may want a better look at the PS3 games shown at the show. Gametrailers has some high quality footage of all the heavy hitters this year, and some are just too cool to be overlooked (see Echochrome ). All of the following are PS3 exclusives with the exception of the last two, which are timed exclusive.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
- E3 Trailer

Killzone 2
- E3 Trailer
- Extended On-stage Demonstration

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
- E3 Trailer
- Press Conference Presentation
- Additional Gameplay Videos

LittleBigPlanet
- E3 Trailer
- GameSpot "Create" Demonstration <---- Amazing tbh

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue

Heavenly Sword
- E3 Trailer

Home (PSN)
- E3 Demonstration

Echochrome (PSN)
- E3 Trailer

Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

LAIR
- E3 Trailer

NBA 08

InFAMOUS
- E3 Trailer

Pain (PSN)

Warhawk
- E3 Trailer

SOCOM: Confrontation (PSN)

Haze
- E3 Trailer
- E3 "Jungle" Gameplay Footage

Unreal Tournament III
- E3 Trailer

Press Conference Closing Video

I'll try to keep this updated. And if I forgot anything worthy of being on the list, please let me know.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs

Last edited by Piggus; 07-13-2007 at 10:59 PM..
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #2
The_Patient

The_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enough
I watched the whole thing yesterday on IGN, Echochrome looked really cool, I think there may have been a NBA 08 section, i'm not sure, If there was it wasn't anything big, Just a look at it within the Home Theatre.
The_Patient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #3
Nba Rewind

Nba Rewind will become famous soon enoughNba Rewind will become famous soon enoughNba Rewind will become famous soon enoughNba Rewind will become famous soon enoughNba Rewind will become famous soon enoughNba Rewind will become famous soon enough
You are some sort of golden god Piggus. I would certainly erect status of you for worship, were it not heretical. Oh fuck Benedict XVI, I’ll do it anyway.
Old 07-13-2007   #4
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Nice one, Piggus!
Old 07-13-2007   #5
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks fellas. I find that a lot of people completely miss a lot of the stuff shown at E3, so hopefully this will help prevent that.

@The Patient: Thanks for reminding me. I added the segment you were talking about.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 07-13-2007   #6
Tendercrisp
Been making Mcconaughey jokes since long before...
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
This is it. I'm getting a PS3. MGS4 looks too good to pass up. Not just for the gameplay, but for the visuals and storyline. That trailer was fucking awesome.
Old 07-13-2007   #7
The_Patient

The_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enough
I would pass up any 360 game for LittleBigPlanet, Would rather play that with friends than Gears Of War. So glad i bought a PS3 =D
Old 07-13-2007   #8
Piggus
Wicked Member

Yeah, LBP is one of my most anticipated games of the year by far. I'm looking forward to the demo more than a lot of full retail games.

I'll add you on PSN next time I get the chance by the way.

Old 07-13-2007   #9
Shadow Conception
Veteran Member

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
MGS4, Killzone 2, Haze, UT3, and Haze make me happy that I have a PS3.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #10
Piggus
Wicked Member

I'm going to be broke this year considering that this list doesn't take into account some of the amazing multiplatform games coming out this year like COD4, Assassin's Creed, and GTAIV.

Nice short-term memory by the way Scon.

Old 07-15-2007   #11
Rylo
Legendary Mem- Oh wait :(
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough
Very good thread, Piggus. Sony has a really good lineup this year and once developers start figuring out the PS3, they will make even better games. I am definitily looking into getting a PS3 soon, I'm set.
Rylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #12
Piggus
Wicked Member

Yeah they have a great lineup this year. It's too bad there were so many no-shows though, such as The Getaway and Eight Days. Maybe we'll see those at TGS this year or some other event.

And yeah, devs are starting to see the benefits of making PS3 the primary development platform for their third party titles. Rumor has it that EA will begin using PS3 as the lead platform starting with Madden 2009 next year. And the deal with Epic that optimizes UE3 for PS3 should yield some great results as well from games that use that engine.

Old 07-16-2007   #13
The_Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus
Rumor has it that EA will begin using PS3 as the lead platform starting with Madden 2009 next year. And the deal with Epic that optimizes UE3 for PS3 should yield some great results as well from games that use that engine.
Yeah, That was probably taken from the G4 coverage at E3, there was a interview with John Riccitiello from EA.

Here's the link. It's not conclusive, but he does kinda hint at it.
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...ccitiello.html

Last edited by The_Patient; 07-16-2007 at 12:20 AM..
Old 07-16-2007   #14
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Little Big Planet is worth getting a PS3 for. Little Big Planet looks like one of the best games ever. That's the sort of thing the Wii needs really.
Old 07-16-2007   #15
Luciphear
Amateur Member

Luciphear is an unknown quantity at this point
The Playstation 3 is getting price-worthy! ^_^ Cheers!
Luciphear is offline   Reply With Quote