Join Date: Jul 2007
Preview from Play (UK) Issue 155
Game: GTA IV
Magazine: Play UK Magazine
Issue: Issue 155
This was the twenty ninth preview for GTA IV in a magazine
The UK edition of the Play Magazine recently provided a new preview on GTA IV to readers in that country, it contained a few more details about GTA IV.
Below is a summary of new information from the 10 page preview article.
* McReary is a corrupt cop, like Officer Tenpenny in San Andreas
* The arms dealer called Little Jacob is a good friend of Niko's cousin, Roman
* Rotterdam Hill is in Alderney
* The first mission in the demo was called "Call and Collect"
* There are no arrowheads to guide you in the game
* The HUD has been streamlined to only a few displays.
* The map remains, sensibly, as does the wanted level and the money
* But visuals on the map in the demo are reduced to mere blips in the top corner of the impressive display
* The new wanted level system system starts with the map flashing wit hcircles of blue and red.
* The wanted level system has been completely revamped from the previous games, It's now based on vision, with each circle representing the line of sight of the police chase.
* The wanted level system has six levels as in previous games.
* Pedestrians drink while out on streets.
* The increased difficulty of the game could alienate some of the fans.
* When you kill Goldberg, there are at least two possible cutscenes, the first saw Goldberg crumpled down onto the floor and the second saw Goldberg fall out of the window.
* You exit Goldberg's Office and there are three security guards blocking your way.
* You can hug the wall like in Metal Gear Solid to cover yourself from fire.
* You can also strafe, which is helpful when you take on the police.
* If you escape the building, it's mission complete.
* Rockstar has added bodily damage to the proceedings, with certain actions triggerings different reactionary deaths.
o Game Example 1: Shoot a security guard in the foot at the top of the stairs and he will come tumblings down the stairs.
o Game Example 2: Shoot Goldberg, the lawyer, with a shotgun in front of a window and he'll meet his end on the streets below as he tumbles out.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|