Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2007   #1
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Confirmation on Niko's Nationality and little new info on Multiplayer mode

From Xbox.com

Quote:
He’s a Russian immigrant, newly arrived in Liberty City on the invitation of his cousin, Roman.
Quote:
GTA IV will feature a multiplayer mode on Xbox LIVE that will match the drama and intensity of Niko’s solo mission. That’s all we’re allowed to reveal at this stage…

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #2
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
sounds awesome. and i think this has been mentioned, but it did say there would be co op. correct?
gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Hm, ".. match the drama and intensity of Niko’s solo mission."

Only thing I really can get from that is co-op, but I highly doubt that will happen. Personally GTA co-op for storyline missions would be absolutely horrible.

And now people can shut up with "HE'S NOT RUSSIAN" bull shit. It was all to obvious he was.
Old 07-11-2007   #4
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Haha, worrying if some people are too sensitive about the cold war and refusing to play as a Russian. :p

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #5
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
too bad for them, i say!

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #6
Bfett21
Addicted Member

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif
Haha, worrying if some people are too sensitive about the cold war and refusing to play as a Russian. :p
Capitalist pigs!
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #7
Lucky
That Guy

Lucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of light
Well, does it really matter WHERE he's from anyways? Only if Rockstar writes it into the story. Anyways I was hoping for a multiplayer free roam, that would be great online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
There's loads of other fish in the sea. Stay out of the whales. Fucking fatties.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #8
Gamaya

Gamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the rough
I always thought it was obvious where he was from. He has a Russian accent, for pete's sake.
Gamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #9
ivar87
CLOVER ROCKER
Amateur Member

ivar87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamaya
I always thought it was obvious where he was from. He has a Russian accent, for pete's sake.
Just to clear this up, you get the basically same accent from other countries too. Russia isn't the only country which has russian as it's mothertongue, for pete's sake.
Old 07-11-2007   #10
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Once again, great job asif. You never fail at posting news.

This is a nice little tidbit to know.
Old 07-11-2007   #11
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I knew Niko was russian ever since the first trailer so this not really big news.

I dont have Xbox live so multiplayer is not a big thing for me but seeing as i am making a post i will comment on multiplayer. I hope that they make a co-op story mode becuase i would play that with my brother all the time. They better make it split screen though.
Old 07-11-2007   #12
C-Bullets
Playboy X

C-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished road
I really wonder what this online is going to be like.
Old 07-11-2007   #13
RyanEmerica13
The Dude, dude

RyanEmerica13 is on a distinguished roadRyanEmerica13 is on a distinguished road
sweezums, Russian, I would kind of assume that. Multiplayer counds cool.
Old 07-11-2007   #14
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute
hmm, the multiplayer aspect seems interesting, co-op missions would be fun at first but would probably get annoying after a wihle.

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #15
Luciphear
Amateur Member

Luciphear is an unknown quantity at this point
I love Co-op but it doesn't seem like something that would really suit Grand Theft Auto..
Whatever the multiplayer mode will be like, I think(hope?) it will turn out good.

*sits down patiently waiting for GTA IV while drinking a cup of tea, a very large cup of tea!*
Luciphear is offline   Reply With Quote