Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2007   #1
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Exclusive content CONFIRMED exclusive for 360

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=25852

Well, there we go. Al the rumors ended up false and rockstar are sticking with 360.

<3 to macey fer teh news

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #2
Macey
Registered Whore

Macey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud of
Bit of a bitch, that. Though I wonder if R* have something up their sleeve for Sony.
Old 06-16-2007   #3
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Well that sure sucks. So much for making the experience identical on both consoles.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #4
DJ Nick
Hellloooo

DJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enough
I've came to a conclusion on what i think will happen;
Since the Blu-Ray discs can hold more than the HD-DVDs, R* will put the content on the Blu-Ray and Xbox owners will have to download the addition content which the HD-DVDs don't have.
This is only my opinion, so don't flame, im only guessing!
Old 06-16-2007   #5
will99
Banned
Banned

will99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished road
Well glad it all works out good for the 360 but what about the PS3??? It should be similar with only mild changes hopfully.
will99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #6
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Mild Changes?

The episodic Content is the equivalent of LCS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Nick
I've came to a conclusion on what i think will happen;
Since the Blu-Ray discs can hold more than the HD-DVDs, R* will put the content on the Blu-Ray and Xbox owners will have to download the addition content which the HD-DVDs don't have.
This is only my opinion, so don't flame, im only guessing!

and I honestly doubt it. That means they have to make these episodic contents before releasing IV so that all the content is on the disc.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #7
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Well you will have to buy the Episodic Content from Live anyway

Maybe for PS3 the content will be a extra disk that you have to buy. Put the HD's to use or something
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #8
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
that still aint enough to make me want a 360.
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #9
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Hell yeah. 360 ftw.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #10
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Stupid Console war, I was gonna get around to buying one next week but, uhh, no point anymore, I was leaning towards the PS3 because of the recent announcment of Tekken 5 DR going Online, but now GTA content will be exclusive to the 360. They don't make this easy.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #11
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Well you will have to buy the Episodic Content from Live anyway

Maybe for PS3 the content will be a extra disk that you have to buy. Put the HD's to use or something
No, it says the content itself is exclusive to Xbox 360, not the ability to download it.
Old 06-16-2007   #12
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
360 has more going for it than ps3, and I wouldn't want to spend 600 dollars on a console, so that makes the "war" pretty easy for me.

Since I'm a multiconsole gamer, I have no problem waiting for a ps3 when it gets cheaper.

Last edited by Himuro; 06-16-2007 at 04:08 PM..
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #13
The_Patient

The_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enough
Crap, This was justification for getting a PS3 for my birthday I got a 360 and it doesn't feel right that i will be owning/playing GTA for it. Spescially now theres not many PS3 exclusives. FOOK.
The_Patient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #14
Blazer

Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm just wondering if you all realized why III/VC/SA/LCS/VCS was all for the playstation 2/psp? Rock* signed a contract a couple years back with sony saying that sony will have the games first before any other console. So III/VC/SA were all for PS2... then they banged out LCS/VCS since its all easy work(meaning not needing 150 developers) for the PSP. So the next gen could go either way. That way now they completed their contract with sony, Rock* may or may not have something going with Microsoft.

If I recall correctly, I read up on this information(about the contract with Rock* & Sony) just after III was released. Once I heard that IV had episodic content confirmed on the 360, I bought the 360. ANYONE who wants to bring up capacities of HD vs Blu-Ray should just drop it now since the HD-DVD Drive is an addition to the 360(which retails for 199.99 CAD), so they're just going to use the same style of disc that is used with every other 360 game, and I can't see the ability of having blu-ray changing the outcome of the graphical, or features with the game. With seeing how Sony did the same thing they did with Blu-Ray as they did with the minidisc, we can all figure out what will become of the blu-ray.

Although, I do have a question about the PS3 that maybe some of you PS3 owners can answer for me: Is it 100% confirmed that every single created PS3 game uses the blu-ray disc? Or do they just use a similiar disc with the 360, just obviously programmed differently?

Just my .02 cents.

BTW, this isn't a flame on PS3, i'm just pointing out the facts, of what I personally seen happen and some theories about why LCS/VCS was created(since they pretty much have no purpose, and what company would want to create a "good" game on a handheld, but it obviously makes sense, and I'm sure Olin would agree w/ me.

Last edited by Blazer; 06-16-2007 at 04:26 PM..
Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #15
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
All PS3 games use Blu-Ray, even if the content is small they will use padding to bulk the discs up slightly. As for LCS and VCS not requiring that much work, They needed to create a whole new engine for the PSP to use which later turned out to be a heavily modified version of RAGE. HD-DVD Vs. Blu-Ray, who cares unless you plan to watch films on the things, but going on Sales, Blu-Ray is winning against HD-DVD but still nowhere near to DVD sales (obviously). Sony have had a lot of bad formats and a lot of good formats, luckily for them, Blu-Ray is turning out to be one of those good ones.

PS: Not a fanboy
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote