Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2007   #1
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Preview from Xbox 360 Australia Magazine (June Issue) || Confirmation on Euphoria!

The magazine doesn't have much new to tell, yet they are confirmed about Euphoria being implemented into the game.

Quote:
GTAIV incorporates developer NaturalMotion's revolutionary Euphoria animation engine, the same system being used by LucasArts in its upcoming Star Wars and Indiana Jones games. The Euphoria engine basically simulates the human body and nervous system , essentially doing away with scripted animations by enabling game characters that independently react to their surroundings in real time. For example, in the demo we were given, Niko automatically dropped his shoulders in order to squeeze past pedestrians walking on the pavement, and his footsteps and sense of balance adjusted to uneven patches of the street, as well as stairs and the rungs on the telegraph pole he climbed. By incorporating Euphoria, Rockstar is really adding a new layer of unpredictability to a style of game that was already highly random. Getting nudged by a slow moving car will likely result in an "I'm walkin' here" kind of reaction,whereas getting hit at top speed will see you dragged under the wheels, rolled up and over the bonnet or flung sideways - it all depends on what direction you were facing, the speed of the car, how fast you were walking, and so on.
Euphoria should also have a major impact on combat. Shooting an enemy in the leg might cause them to fall and shooting them in the shoulder might disarm them, and the direction you attack an enemy from might also determine the result of your actions - creep up behind them and you should get an easy headshot, but take them on face to face and they could well flinch or duck out of the way. Melee combat should also benefit from the use of Euphoria, as you should be able to throw people into walls, furniture or even off rooftops so that they flail desperately to grab for the edge of a fire escape as they plummet to their doom.
Source post

Scans at GTA4.fr

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.

Last edited by Asif; 06-02-2007 at 01:15 AM..
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Finally, now that settles the Ragdoll question. Things are starting to shape up well for Rockstar.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #3
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Asif ,that answers the wondering on ragdolls.Can't wait to see the impact it has on combat.
Old 05-30-2007   #4
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
The possibilities with Euphoria are endless! And combined with a game like GTA makes for the game of the year in my book
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #5
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
By incorporating Euphoria, Rockstar is really adding a new layer of unpredictability to a style of game that was already highly random.
Best quote ever

This is just getting more and more exciting!
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #6
FireFox2
15 February 2002 Happy Anniversary

FireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura about
Euphoria should have a major impact on combat

@Asif...great stuff chomping at the bit here to see how this effect's combat,also the raggdoll effect's

Last edited by FireFox2; 05-30-2007 at 04:27 PM..
FireFox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #7
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well fuck, this calls for a celebration! Euphoria in Grand Theft Auto.. just WOW!
Old 05-30-2007   #8
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
Not WOW, just..euphoria!

Can't wait to see what impact this will have on our beloved GTA. Improved combat is one of the things that is REALLY needed.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Improved combat? Oh that's only one small fraction of what we'll get out of this. There's so much more that's going to be insanely improved with this engine.
Old 05-30-2007   #10
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
I hope they make it as realistic as possible. I don't want peds flying around after they get shot with a 9mm pistol.

It'd be awesome if you crash into a wall at top speed, and Nico flys out the front window.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #11
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
I knew that this was going to be in IV, I've said it many times before but this game is getting better and better!
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #12
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

@Static, Ouch but I too would love to see that.

I want to see stuff like if Niko hits a pedestrian while running on the sidewalk with his shoulder, the pedestrian has loses balance or even falls down if hit fast enough. I want to see some amazing death animations that make you believe you actually just killed someone. If a pedestrian is shot in the shoulder, I want to see that force effect them, that side of the body swinging backwards as the bullet enters or passes through their body, etc.
Old 05-30-2007   #13
FireFox2
15 February 2002 Happy Anniversary

FireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Improved combat? Oh that's only one small fraction of what we'll get out of this. There's so much more that's going to be insanely improved with this engine.
Yeh , the so much else part is what I've been counting on....awesome ! ST

FireFox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #14
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
I am really looking forward to see how the effect would go in the game, when you run-over someone or get run-over by someone with a car.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #15
Mazzlow
DUE TO AIDS

Mazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of light
lol, am I the only person feeling proud of R* for going out and getting this engine, like it was my kid or something?

rofl if I am, then I have problems.
Mazzlow is offline   Reply With Quote