Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2007   #1
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
New info (the ability to open trunks)?

A user at gtaforums posted this info. Right now we're in the process of clarifying whether it's valid or not but it certainly sounds interesting.

Quote:
I got my Xbox Offical Magazine earlier this week and i tried to register on here, but it took me forever, anyway. A few new tidbits of information i don't think has been said.

- You can jump from rooftop to rooftop

- You can now open your car trunks, by pushing rb

Hope this is new
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007   #2
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Interesting tidbit, gotta wait for confirmation of course.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007   #3
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Hmm, I'm sketchy on this. But if it's true, it's for the better. You could shove a couple of RPG's in there instead of weighing Niko down, the unrealistic way
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007   #4
Himuro

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettermaniac
Hmm, I'm sketchy on this. But if it's true, it's for the better. You could shove a couple of RPG's in there instead of weighing Niko down, the unrealistic way
What about this?

You kill a pedestrian while on a nice relaxing stroll. You see a cop across the street. What do you do? Grab the body and stash it in the trunk of a car or leave it there?

Better yet, imagine if you can hide in trunks yourself when on the run from cops and you don't want any heat.
Old 05-27-2007   #5
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Yep, this idea has so much potential. I remember when I saw the screen of CJ in San Fierro, with the boot open and a b-ball in hand, I was excited to be able to finally use one. I hope I'm not let down this time.
Old 05-27-2007   #6
Himuro

He said it's in the USA version of OXM.

Like I said on gtaforums:

Wasn't it possible to jump from rooftop to rooftop in San Andreas? Many tags were hidden on roofs, for example, and so were weapons. One of the most memorable examples was Grove St. where you could climb up a house and jump from house to house until you reached a tech-9.

Someone posted this at gtaforums:

Quote:
I belive you but if you want the rest of the world to do so show some proofs.About the car trunks this feature was supposed to be in GTASA but was removed for unknown reasons.About the roof thingy i just hope it isnt something Spiderman/Superman way...

Edit:this is what i mean

Last edited by Himuro; 05-27-2007 at 10:20 PM..
Old 05-27-2007   #7
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Yeah you could jump from roof to roof, technically, but from the sounds of it in IV it will be greatly enhanced. My guess is when Niko approaches a ledge, and you press Square (whatever button, jump command) he'll leap.
Old 05-27-2007   #8
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
- You can now open your car trunks, by pushing rb
what's rb?
optik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007   #9
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Ability to open trunks will be interested to see.

I believe this is from the cutscene of a San Fierro mission, can't remember the name right now.
Edit: "Ice Cold Killa"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeandbooze
what's rb?
Right bumper of the Xbox 360 controller.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.

Last edited by Asif; 05-28-2007 at 12:34 AM..
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #10
Flip
Hi.

Flip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enough
I really don't hope jumping from rooftop to rooftop is going to be Crackdown-style, or something similar. That wouldn't be GTA. Flying with motorbikes without falling, bunny-hopping 3 meters or getting shot a thousand times without dying doesn't annoy me But flying while being on foot does.

And about the trunks, I really hope it'll be included. Like Himuro said (I also said this in the wishlist), being able to get rid of witnesses, or anything you want to get rid of, put it in your trunk, drive to the water and dump it.
Being able to keep weapons in your trunk would be great, too.
Old 05-28-2007   #11
ivar87
CLOVER ROCKER
Amateur Member

ivar87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip
I really don't hope jumping from rooftop to rooftop is going to be Crackdown-style, or something similar. That wouldn't be GTA. Flying with motorbikes without falling, bunny-hopping 3 meters or getting shot a thousand times without dying doesn't annoy me But flying while being on foot does.
Think more like Assassins Creed.
If this info is indeed correct, I'm very very happy. Hanging on rooftops etc is great fun, and using the trunk is even moar fun.
Old 05-28-2007   #12
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
I am waiting for the OXM USA scans to pop-up on the net, then I'll rename this thread.

Old 05-28-2007   #13
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Asif, could you throw me an email when this happens, i know zidane and co' arent that happy about scans here on the boards!

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #14
Asif
Moderator =)

I think it's all good as long as the scans don't go on the main news site. I mean, there have been more than 10 preview threads (with scans) since the Game Informer - I haven't seen anyone to bring objection on that.
For updates, you may subscribe to this thread. (At the top panel, Thread tools -> Subscribe to this thread)

Last edited by Asif; 05-28-2007 at 02:46 AM..
Old 05-28-2007   #15
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
I'd be more than happy if the possibility of using your car trunk is there. But I hope there will be a meaning to it, not just an effect.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote