Old 04-16-2007   #1
TwiztidDragonX
TwiztidDragonX

TwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished road
Question Base Jumping?

Now I haven't heard much of anything in the past week cuz my comps been down, I did see there's "no planes" But I haven't read the Dan Houser Interview so I dunno about all that. Anyway, I loved the base jumping you could do in SanAn and would love to see it in IV cuz of how big some of the buildings are.I know you could get to the roof of some buildings once inside them and there's gonna be alot of interior space in IV.Anywa[y I was just wondering, Has anyone heard anything that points to a yes or no answer on if it's possible to do it?
TwiztidDragonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Still unknown at this point.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007   #3
scorged

I think it's going to be out. They are going for more realistic gameplay this time, and honestly who (especally a russian gangster) finds a parashute and base jumps off a building? lol
Old 04-16-2007   #4
TwiztidDragonX
TwiztidDragonX

TwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorged
I think it's going to be out. They are going for more realistic gameplay this time, and honestly who (especally a russian gangster) finds a parashute and base jumps off a building? lol

Thats true. But at the same time you can't be TOO realistic, thats just wouldn't be fun, Kinda like the getting a wanted level for runnin a red light, Realistic but just wrong.
TwiztidDragonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #5
scorged

they did take planes out though. so i don't think you should get your hopes up.... But we still dont have much info.
Old 04-17-2007   #6
[MM]
Konjina
Newbie Member

[MM] is an unknown quantity at this point
If helicopters are still in than i supose you willl have parachute and be able to do base jumps
Old 04-17-2007   #7
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorged
they did take planes out though. so i don't think you should get your hopes up.... But we still dont have much info.

They havn't taken planes out man, there just wern't planes in that real early beta version. They won't take out planes or base jumping.

edit: Ok so I was wrong, my bad..

Last edited by Pignoah; 04-17-2007 at 04:45 AM..
Pignoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #8
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't be surprised if planes do show up. It's not uncommon for magazines to exaggerate, especially this early.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #9
ivar87
CLOVER ROCKER
Amateur Member

ivar87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkComputer
They havn't taken planes out man, there just wern't planes in that real early beta version. They won't take out planes or base jumping.
In the interview Houser (iirc?) confirmed there will be NO planes.
I hate how ppl can't read and then misinform other ppl who can't read and poop. Ugh.
Old 04-17-2007   #10
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar87
In the interview Houser (iirc?) confirmed there will be NO planes.
I hate how ppl can't read and then misinform other ppl who can't read and poop. Ugh.

Lose the attitude kid, I didn't know it was confirmed.
Old 04-17-2007   #11
scorged

Quote:
Originally Posted by victim
I wouldn't be surprised if planes do show up. It's not uncommon for magazines to exaggerate, especially this early.
This is very true, lets just hope.
Old 04-17-2007   #12
ivar87
CLOVER ROCKER
Amateur Member

ivar87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Your hopes are futile. It was not the magazine that exaggerated, but the producer of the game who said it.
You can view the statement yourself from the magazine or the scans/pics of it. You can find the latter on this very forum.