Old 04-11-2007   #1
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
Fairwell to the parachute

I'm just going to assume rockstar will neglect the parachute and omit base jumping, although jumping from the ESB would defiantly be fun "It doesn't fit the character"

Again, time will tell. Niko could be a free lancing base jumper for all we know

It has also come to my attention that I miss spelt fairwell **Farewell

Last edited by monkio; 04-11-2007 at 02:15 PM..
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #2
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
Why would they get rid of it? Because there's no planes? What about helicopters, they'll probably still have those. We still need parachutes.
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I have to agree with Rockstar that this is a step toward keeping the game more realistic, in a different sense, but can drain the fun as well. GTA is about being in a world with anything going on and you can disrupt or change any of it. GTA IV will lack this, however, it is made up for with the more realistic "living" pedestrians, etc.

Hopefully we'll still see the parachute. Base jumping wasn't as cool as skydiving (until the helicopter is confirmed), but it'll still be fun to see with the new physics engine and improved graphics.
Old 04-11-2007   #4
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
definatly, maybe i'll just get up on the ESB (somehow) jump and try to just clip the edge of another buidling
Old 04-11-2007   #5
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Haha, has horrible as that would be (IRL at least), it would be amazing to see the realistic physics resulting from it.
Old 04-11-2007   #6
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely Slim. I'd love to see the new rag dolls (if there are any)

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #7
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

I don't think it's straight up ragdoll physics, rather a more complex version. Euphoria(sp), I watched a video of it on youtube, it looks like it could provide some fun.
Old 04-11-2007   #8
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkio
I don't think it's straight up ragdoll physics, rather a more complex version. Euphoria(sp), I watched a video of it on youtube, it looks like it could provide some fun.
Here's the YouTube link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae3fgj2x1aI
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #9
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
If you were to jump off that height, you'd need stuff like limbs flying off and stuff. Although it WOULD be interesting to see how euphoria deals with a person going at really high speed hitting the ground...
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #10
pacCinHECKLER&K

the Video looks amazing i hope the fighting in IV uses some of the physics shown in the video! jumping outta helicopters as high az you could go in the sky and then parachuting down to the city would be the most awesome thing 2 make up for no planes.
Old 04-11-2007   #11
Morkoc96
Newbie Member

Morkoc96 is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope they keep the jet pack as at least a cheat code or somthing. Not part of the story, but it would be a fun cheat!
Morkoc96 is offline   Reply With Quote