Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2007   #1
Jmaz98
What the Folk
Newbie Member

Jmaz98 is an unknown quantity at this point
will this be there biggest sale yet?

GTA IV had A LOT of hype around it, and i have no doubt that it will live up to it. But i also think that even though GTA3 and GTA SA were pretty succesful, GTA IV will be the highest sold one in the series. I mean just look at when the trailer came out, the sites the were first to show it slowed down to a halt from all the viewers coming to see what GTA IV would look like.
Jmaz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #2
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
It just may be. With every GTA (excluding the stories series) they seem to make a bigger and bigger profit.
Old 04-09-2007   #3
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
I....actually do not think so...

There are not as many gamers owning a next gen system..Unless it was released on PC PS3 and Xbox360..

But theres alot of time between now and October..and thats alot of time to buy a next gen system
Old 04-09-2007   #4
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with BigMike. By the time San Andreas came out pretty much everybody had a PS2, or if they didn;t they bought it on the XBox when it came out for it. Prices are high for the next gen consoles and less people have them, however, I'm not saying it won't sell well, it just won't sell the most (in this time period anyway).

Edit: On the contrary it still is possible as GTA IV may effectively sell more PS3s and 360s, as GTA III did for PS2.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #5
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Its not possible..it will happen haha...This..as well as Halo (for Xbox) will sell the system..
Old 04-09-2007   #6
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike
Its not possible..it will happen haha...This..as well as Halo (for Xbox) will sell the system..
Exactly what I was thinking. Halo pretty much single handedly sold the xbox, it's possible the same could happen here.

Actually, Halo 3 may be coming out around the same time (if Bungie keeps the release date this time). The two superpowers of Halo and GTA will probably cause a massive skyrocket in 360 sales by the end of this year.

Last edited by Sonikdude750; 04-09-2007 at 08:07 PM..
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #7
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike

There are not as many gamers owning a next gen system..Unless it was released on PC PS3 and Xbox360..

But theres alot of time between now and October..and thats alot of time to buy a next gen system
Trust me by October who ever doesn't have a X360 or PS3 will buy one. Much like the reason I bought PS2 back in 2004 for SA.

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #8
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

Yeah I was think that too. I don't think there is enough consoles to actually pass those numbers.
Old 04-09-2007   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Sure not everyone has a next gen console now, but that could simply be because they're unsure which to get. And BM, since your post referred to an unconfirmed PC version, don't doubt the possibility, I'm sure it will happen.
Old 04-10-2007   #10
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, if Halo 3 and GTA come out around the same time, I wouldn't be unsure anymore. Either way, once the PC version comes out, everyone will have it I think. A good way to check is always (ironically) the number of people getting it off bittorrent, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the 100ks of leechers. I'm buying this one though (for real! ).
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #11
RubberDuck
Mr Xion
Loyal Member

RubberDuck is on a distinguished roadRubberDuck is on a distinguished roadRubberDuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy_999
Yeah, if Halo 3 and GTA come out around the same time, I wouldn't be unsure anymore. Either way, once the PC version comes out, everyone will have it I think. A good way to check is always (ironically) the number of people getting it off bittorrent, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the 100ks of leechers. I'm buying this one though (for real! ).
I doubt it. I always delete my downloads from bitcomet (I dunno, it just happens automatically) so maybe not.

On topic

There will sooooo have to be a PC version. There just has to be
Old 04-10-2007   #12
BigMike

If it does happen..It won't be for about 7 months after the console release...thats usually the case...