Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2007   #1
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
A overlooked Sam Houser interview from 2004 may spell out the series' future

I was at gtaforums and Jordan (owner of planet gta) posted a very interesting topic. I quote:

Quote:
I've been working on this little article all week. Let me explain to you how this goes...

Back in December of 2004, everyone was playing San Andreas on PS2 and having a lot of fun. At that same time, I received a magazine issue in the mail and there was an interview inside with Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games. To my surprise, I didn't see anything online about it, so I posted news on my website (still in 2004).

From the news I posted, one thing that every single gaming and GTA fan site seemed to copy was this:

---------------

When asked about an online version of GTA, Houser mentioned that he might look to games like Everquest for inspiration.

---------------

You can view that little EverQuest reference on "fact sheet" pages on GTA IV fan sites now as well as forums across the web...and it might be in the same wording.

The point is...no one but me apparently decided to post the rest of the very, very interesting interview online. I lost the magazine, but I re-bought the issue from eBay earlier this week.

I began to take small fragments from the interview and I put quotations around some of Houser's answers into Google to see if I could find a website where someone transcribed any of it, but no one did...

So now I present to you a very revealing article (some about GTA IV...some answering burning Rockstar questions) written by myself with quotes used from the lost interview from the past that has been found.

It is called "The Second Leap" which refers to the second console generational leap since the beginning of GTA...the first leap being from GTA2 to GTA III.

http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/Vi...es.Detail&id=89

Enjoy.

Side Note: Please notify me if you find any factual errors in the article and I will fix them promptly. Posting "lol" followed by you making fun of me for getting one thing wrong doesn't help out.
My thoughts on this:

I wouldn't mind an Everquest like GTA, but if it takes anything from the single player mode and they put more emphasis on the multiplayer, I would be really mad.

GTA should ALWAYS be single player first!

Check out the original thread here: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?s...ic=269741&st=0
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #2
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
Nice article, that's pretty awesome. Maybe they're making this like the upcoming APB game. ( I doubt APB will come out though) Wasn't Sam Houser a part of the APB project ?
SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #3
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea great read, definately worth looking into, and I'm surprised that the people who made GTA were british, I never knew that, they seriously did a good job of capturing american cities.

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #4
almostrodney

almostrodney is an unknown quantity at this point
lol where not all bad at making games
almostrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #5
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
This article was actually brought up several weeks ago on PlanetGTA. Certainly could be spelling out the series' future.