Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2007   #46
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Yea adding San Andreas and Vice city is absolutely ridiculous....not to mention fucking expensive as hell

Hope for Liberty City and maybe the 5 boroughs...or something like that...shit i dont know

or Liberty...and Liberty City
Old 03-31-2007   #47
Him

Him will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enough
I don't mind if theres just liberty City or 3 other cities too, as long as the reason isn't Xbox's DVD size.
because if it is i will be pissed
Old 03-31-2007   #48
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Him
I don't mind if theres just liberty City or 3 other cities too, as long as the reason isn't Xbox's DVD size.
because if it is i will be pissed
Thats my thoughts exactly. But on the other hand, if they use all the space available to them on the Blu Ray disks, the 360 owners will get a trimmed down version of the game which they would never do.
Old 03-31-2007   #49
fluff
Dead Milkman

fluff is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupi
Thats my thoughts exactly. But on the other hand, if they use all the space available to them on the Blu Ray disks, the 360 owners will get a trimmed down version of the game which they would never do.
eh the downloadable stuff could be what couldnt fit on the disk with extras

Bow chick bow wow
fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #50
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
Thats a good point. I guess we'll find out over the coming months.
Old 03-31-2007   #51
PicoDeath

PicoDeath is an unknown quantity at this point
The downloadable content isn't what we can't fit on discs, it's two episodes spanning 24 extra hours or so of gameplay.

[ Sign up to my forums! | 360 Gamercards ]
PicoDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #52
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
Wouldn't it be silly to recreate cities from the previous game in the series (San Andreas)? I could imagine they would put Vice City back in though. If there'd be only one city, airplanes wouldn't be of any use, unless there are at least two airports.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #53
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
I don't think it would be silly to recreate previous cities, I think it would be a completely different experience, look at the new LC that doesn't look nearly as familiar as it did in III/LCS, even if it was a different city it would still be cool imo.
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #54
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
DVD-18 isn't such an unrealistic suggestion, is it? 2 layers on one side of the DVD, and 2 layers on the back. Double-sided DVD's are pretty common in movies; a movie would have fullscreen on one side, and widescreen on the other. So technically, it wouldn't be against Microsoft's no-multiple-discs policy (if it even exists, I've never heard of it) since all the content is located on one physical DVD.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #55
pacCinHECKLER&K

my question is how hard would it be to put another 4 rerendered cities on one DVD that hold more capacity than previous games not to mention the capacity that the 360 and PS3 hold. Liberty state has 3 cities, San An state has 3 cities and VC is one of its own if im not mistaken. This process at this point should be a piece of cake to R* 2 combine all states onto one disc or make the episodic content stretch to other cities. and with this billboard we've all seen tawkin bout $300 us air, we can pretty much guess R* knows what their doing. The biggest thing that IV may offer is a creation of a world 2 travel 2 with the map of previous gta cities