Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007   #1
almostrodney

almostrodney is an unknown quantity at this point
planes, helicopers and airtraffic?

just a thought about the planes and such, i thought one of the reasons they didnt put *flyable*(yea i know they can but they wasnt really ment to) planes into gta 3 was because of the lack of space to fly them in
could this be a issue in iv being the same map?
thoughts?
almostrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #2
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
It isn't the same map, thats just it. Just because its set in Liberty City, they've (from what i can see from the trailer) added tons & tons of new things to the city. Also, since its on the next gen consoles, i doubt they'll be pushed for space.
Old 03-30-2007   #3
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
GTA III didn't have a lack of space, flying was taken out because of 9/11.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #4
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well I definitely hope there's an air traffic system (much more improved one). One of the things I want to take a giant leap in improvements is flying. It's what made me enjoy playing San Andreas as much as I did really.
Old 03-30-2007   #5
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Well I definitely hope there's an air traffic system (much more improved one). One of the things I want to take a giant leap in improvements is flying. It's what made me enjoy playing San Andreas as much as I did really.
Agreed, flying was a really good feature in San Andreas imo, It would be amazing if it was in IV as well.
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #6
pacCinHECKLER&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupi22
It isn't the same map, thats just it. Just because its set in Liberty City, they've (from what i can see from the trailer) added tons & tons of new things to the city. Also, since its on the next gen consoles, i doubt they'll be pushed for space.

So what your saying is that the map in IV will be bigger than 3 and it will be a totally new map? Chances are very slim, but you know what ? "Things will be different" landscape could have changed but how drastically do you think they have changed it from its previous city
Old 03-30-2007   #7
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupi22
... added tons & tons of new things to the city...
^^ The important part.

This is all speculation from my part but yeah, i think the map will be much bigger than in GTAIII. Will it be the same map? Most Likely. Will they have added many new explorable area's to the city which weren't previously in GTAIII? Most definetly.
Old 03-30-2007   #8
John JJ

John JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura about
It is roughly the size of NYC. So they should be in there.
Old 03-30-2007   #9
pacCinHECKLER&K

I can really agree with that! the city progressing over time but to completely change the map would take it out of its reality state it has built since III in other words just wouldnt be right.
Old 03-30-2007   #10
PicoDeath

PicoDeath is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupi
^^ The important part.

This is all speculation from my part but yeah, i think the map will be much bigger than in GTAIII. Will it be the same map? Most Likely. Will they have added many new explorable area's to the city which weren't previously in GTAIII? Most definetly.
I don't think you'll see much of GTAIII in there, maybe little things like the train in the trailer.

Edit:

Actually, they could have it in there except split up.

[ Sign up to my forums! | 360 Gamercards ]
PicoDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #11
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
bassicly you can say it like this
GTA III was a Stick Figure
GTAIV is Michaleangelo's David.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #12
cox
Certified Tester

cox is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex havok
bassicly you can say it like this
GTA III was a Stick Figure