Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007   #16
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
Yes, if you look at the street (be fast!) with the shopping people, you can see among the advertisements a banner stating "I (heart) Liberty City".
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #17
Macey
Registered Whore

Macey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud of
Plus the 'LCPD' on the side of the police car.
Old 03-30-2007   #18
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, lets confirm this, It IS Liberty City, BUT not the Liberty City from the GTA3 series, get what I mean? Let me explain further, In GTA1, Liberty City was completely different, infact it looked more like New York with how the districts are layed out in GTA1, just smaller and a few areas missing out. Now it seems this Liberty looks more like New York, possibly the GTA1 version or maybe a combined version so it bears some resemblance to the GTA3 series Liberty City. Still It's gonna be weird being in Liberty City knowing that in this version, all past events don't exist, The whole Leone mafia, Donald Love, Toni Cipriani and Claude, etc.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #19
chainsoar
Niko Smellic

chainsoar is on a distinguished roadchainsoar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic
It IS liberty City. When they show the ship, it says Liberty City on it.

I didn't say it wasn't. I was agreeing that it was! I know about the ship, and also, people seem to have somehow missed the fact that it shows the Liberty ferry terminal.

Old 03-30-2007   #20
Gamaya

Gamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the rough
WOAH page stretch. You shouldn't do that.

And I think it's obvious it's Liberty City.
Gamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #21
CMPUNK

CMPUNK is an unknown quantity at this point
Its definately not the Liberty City we all know, already from the trailer we've seen the Chrystler Building and The Empire State, it looks more like a representation of New York than they've done before, I wreckon it will blow our minds!!!! Btw First post in like 3 years, its good to be back!
Old 03-30-2007   #22
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Saying this city is New York City because it has structures resembling the Empire State Bulding, Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty etc. is like saying San Fierro is San Francisco because it has the Golden Gate Bridge, Transamerica Pyramid etc.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #23
HH
Cupcake

HH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of light
Also, I would like to point out that the "Getalife" building is modeled after the Metlife building in New York.

It's obvious it's in a New York-LIKE setting though, but will definitely be LC.

Last edited by HH; 03-30-2007 at 10:45 AM..
HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #24
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Yeah I noticed that too. I like how they're doing LC this time, alot more like NY.