Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2007   #46
CMinLA

CMinLA is on a distinguished roadCMinLA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonJames
Okay. Here is a grisly thought.

I really DO live in Boston, and I really do remember the fateful day upon which our lives all changed. 9/11/2001 was a horrible, horrible day. But I'm wondering whether Rockstar has addressed any of this story in this game.

I'm assuming that the game will take place AFTER the events of that day. If they have done this, then I'm wondering whether there will be any mention of those buildings.

Do you think that they would dare put the pit that exists in the real Manhattan -- you know, the giant, open wound in the earth that used to be two tall buildings...?!

Or do you think that they will punt, and just leave it alone?

All speculation. And this is why I wrote in the title PLEASE DON'T READ this message if you live in NYC, unless you have a really strong stomach.

Thanks.

- James
dude i know that was a real bad thing and all but i'm pretty sure people who live there can read that without throwing up. you don't have to be so dramatic about it. i know it sucked but you don't have to use words like "giant open wound in the earth" and stuff. people aren't that easily offended
Old 03-30-2007   #47
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
hm read a few posts here about CJ returning/forellis etc
This isn't a part of the III series though, so I'm thinking this one will be COMPLETELY new.
Ofcourse there will be commercials of the fast food restaurants, but the same characters? probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #48
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Yeah, Rockstar said they will be starting fresh character - wise. I think they'll stand by that, I mean, we've already seen one brand - new character.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #49
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Imagine doing a rampage in IV's rendition of Times Square.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #50
Roger Explosion
Banned
Banned

Roger Explosion is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Motorcycles were banned in Liberty City in 1998

.. but I'm sure that's not going to be the case here. This trailer, remember, was only a glimpse of what is to come. We're all going to be surprised for what Rockstar has in store for us this October.
The ban will get lifted.
Roger Explosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #51
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Explosion
The ban will get lifted.
Damn rockstar and using history to skip things like motocycles. There should absolutely be Bicycles though because its after LCS

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #52
tmac9wr

tmac9wr is on a distinguished roadtmac9wr is on a distinguished road
Not quite sure if this has been mentioned...but I think it would be really sweet to have a "replay" feature similar to sports games...it would allow you to replay the last 5 minutes or so of your game so you could see how your destructive rampages looked from certain points of view....
tmac9wr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #53
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr
Not quite sure if this has been mentioned...but I think it would be really sweet to have a "replay" feature similar to sports games...it would allow you to replay the last 5 minutes or so of your game so you could see how your destructive rampages looked from certain points of view....
That was in the xbox version of SA but it wasn't to User friendly.

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #54
The top Don

The top Don is an unknown quantity at this point
and i would like to see who is head of the leones
Old 03-30-2007   #55
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
I'm still downloading the trailer, had such a bad cold yesterday and had to go to sleep, while knowing the GTA IV trailer was coming in an hour....
Old 03-30-2007   #56
—Skeet Swayze—

—Skeet Swayze— is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by the punisher
I'm still downloading the trailer, had such a bad cold yesterday and had to go to sleep, while knowing the GTA IV trailer was coming in an hour....
If you can't stand the wait: http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=712981274
Old 03-30-2007   #57
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
@ James: GTA has always been very subtle in dealing with actuality, I think they'll just ignore it. The shaping of the map will probably be so different from reality that no one will be able to locate the spot in the game.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #58
levis

levis is an unknown quantity at this point
im pretty sure its set in recent times, so i rekon its the old liberty just with some changes, except tthat those bridges looked heaps different. and there was a few streets in the trailer that i didnt recognise at all
Old 03-30-2007   #59
Pivotto
Loading - Please Wait

Pivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura about
As if right now, it looks like it's going to be in Liberty City, but it looks like they might just remake the entire city. I hope they also add the country side, and a few other cities. To be honest, I think it would be cool if they remade Vice City and San Andreas on the next gen systems, like completley remade, and made them with different story lines. (Kind of like the PSP versions, but completley remaking the cities from the ground up, and having better and better features.) Then again, I think it would be a lot better if they just did different cities.
Old 03-30-2007   #60
Amnesiac
Newbie Member

Amnesiac is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxman
OK heres what im 99% sure will happen in the next gen gta(s). This will be the actuall NYC not liberty city ( liberty city doesnt have the statue and the empire state building) The caracter is either russian, or middle eastern ( his accent says russian, his look says middle eastern) and they will most likely make the next gta's in Miami( the actual miami not vice) and L.A las vegas and san francisco, which will be kickass.

its liberty, theres even a sign in "times square" that says welcome to Liberty city" its to the left of the screen under the Liberty Tree sign (Liberty City's news paper) and to the left of the I love liberty city sign. It doesnt take Sherlock Holmes.
11:43 Time for a brown ring bagel
Amnesiac is offline   Reply With Quote