Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007   #16
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
If you like cartoony graphics, Crackdown....

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #17
tmac9wr

tmac9wr is on a distinguished roadtmac9wr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin
Yeah but these graphics will be considered crap given time.
First of all, the graphics we're seeing here are pretty damn sweet....not blowing all the next-gen games out of the water, but they're still damn good.

Second of all, we've seen NOTHING. We saw an El Train (which IMO looked sick), and a couple other things like streets with a few peds (which we don't know if were completely filled, but probably not considering we're 7 months away from the release). We saw a delicious cock-tease for this trailer, we now know 3 things: 1. It's located in Liberty City ; 2. It's Russian Mafia ; 3. It's probably closer to modern time. Of these 3 things, we can all agree that the #1 thing (location) isn't even set in stone! For all we know, there may be a Vice City, SA, or new city that gets revealed to us. This trailer gave us a glimpse but realize this: WE DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING .....that's all I can really say other than: Everyone else out there, hold your speculations for when R* actually gives us something else to chew on...until then, enjoy this very tasty 1 minute, 7 second bone until they decide to fill us in with some other details.
tmac9wr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #18
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

/Warned 2 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr
First of all, the graphics we're seeing here are pretty damn sweet....not blowing all the next-gen games out of the water, but they're still damn good.

Second of all, we've seen NOTHING. We saw an El Train (which IMO looked sick), and a couple other things like streets with a few peds (which we don't know if were completely filled, but probably not considering we're 7 months away from the release). We saw a delicious cock-tease for this trailer, we now know 3 things: 1. It's located in Liberty City ; 2. It's Russian Mafia ; 3. It's probably closer to modern time. Of these 3 things, we can all agree that the #1 thing (location) isn't even set in stone! For all we know, there may be a Vice City, SA, or new city that gets revealed to us. This trailer gave us a glimpse but realize this: WE DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING .....that's all I can really say other than: Everyone else out there, hold your speculations for when R* actually gives us something else to chew on...until then, enjoy this very tasty 1 minute, 7 second bone until they decide to fill us in with some other details.
1 minute, 3 seconds dick wad.

Old 03-30-2007   #19
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Yes, they're sweet now. GTA III looked good when it first came out, but soon after we saw a major improvement in other titles being released. That's all I'm saying.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #20
tmac9wr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana 4 Life
1 minute, 3 seconds dick wad.

My most sincere apologies.

@ Olin: GTA III never really looked that good to be honest with you. People were satisfied with the graphics of GTAIII because it had such a huge scale. The graphics of this game look awesome in my opinion...we've only seen a tiny bit of them but they look great to me. You need to consider the fact that there's going to be a lot more screens/videos released in the next 7 months. Something we need to also consider is the scale....if you're so disappointed with the graphics, why not wait until the entire scale of the city is revealed? Also, remember that this game uses the Euphoria Engine.....we haven't really seen anything yet as far as physics and anything like that goes.

Honestly, I think that graphics look awesome so far, the only thing I want is more pedestrians.
Old 03-30-2007   #21
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Quote:

@ Olin: GTA III never really looked that good to be honest with you. People were satisfied with the graphics of GTAIII because it had such a huge scale. The graphics of this game look awesome in my opinion...we've only seen a tiny bit of them but they look great to me. You need to consider the fact that there's going to be a lot more screens/videos released in the next 7 months. Something we need to also consider is the scale....if you're so disappointed with the graphics, why not wait until the entire scale of the city is revealed? Also, remember that this game uses the Euphoria Engine.....we haven't really seen anything yet as far as physics and anything like that goes.

Honestly, I think that graphics look awesome so far, the only thing I want is more pedestrians.
And if you think the graphics are good now, wait til 6 months later when you see them UP CLOSE

Old 03-30-2007   #22
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

The graphics were good for 2001. Look at other games from that year.
Old 03-30-2007   #23
tmac9wr

Maybe I'm incorrect, but I don't remember ever being "wowed" by GTAIIIs graphics, the thing that made me say wow was the size of the city....I think many other people would agree it was never in the details but in the size....hopefully with the technology and size of the 360 and PS3 we can get both amazing details and an amazing size.
Old 03-30-2007   #24
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Quote:
The graphics were good for 2001. Look at other games from that year.
Halo came out in 2001. OWNED

Old 03-30-2007   #25
Thundercracker

Quote:
There are always exceptions, it was early in the PS2's life. First party Xbox titles had a fairly large difference in graphics over the PS2.

So compare GTA III to other PS2 titles.
Old 03-30-2007   #26
—Skeet Swayze—

—Skeet Swayze— is an unknown quantity at this point
Hardly what I call "ownage"

Quote:
What about Halo?

I believe the Ecks Bocks was, from a purely technical point, a more powerful machine than what the Pee Ess 2 was capable of doing at the time.
Old 03-30-2007   #27
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Quote:
There are always exceptions, it was early in the PS2's life. First party Xbox titles had a fairly large difference in graphics over the PS2.

So compare GTA III to other PS2 titles.
Yesh I know just you said "any other games" and I had to take the opportunity.

Old 03-30-2007   #28
John Gotti
Newbie Member

John Gotti is an unknown quantity at this point
Look at that sweet car in the poster on the 1st screen hope we get to Rape the (beep) out of it in the countryside...
John Gotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #29
chainsoar
Niko Smellic

chainsoar is on a distinguished roadchainsoar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah but these graphics will be considered crap given time.

All graphics will be considered crap in time. Halo 3, when it comes out, will eventually be considered as having crap graphics. It's like that old gamer's rule - no matter how brand new your machine is, it'll be out of date in less than a month.
chainsoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #30
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
I like the graphics, I only hope I can run the game on pc when it comes out. The charm of GTA is mainly in the humour, the storyline etc.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote