Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007   #16
Mighty D.R.
WGO

Mighty D.R. is on a distinguished roadMighty D.R. is on a distinguished roadMighty D.R. is on a distinguished road
OK it is obviously LC. I hope it does not just stay there though. We've had that two times before.
Old 03-30-2007   #17
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
This LC is not the LC we know and love. It looks completely different.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #18
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok , now lets get back on topic. I really hope this game packs at least 2 cities, with Liberty being the biggest. I don't want a huge overload on loading times and I don't want two discs. So somehow they need to manage putting a huge map with good graphics on one disc. If they cant, then they need to have 3 or 4 islands split up that are put of "Liberty City". It worked with GTA 3 and it should work again.

Now games like San Andreas are fun but again there are a lot of empty spots, like the desert, country side, but these DO add to the environment, even if they do waste time. Now I'm hoping for the first game on next gen consoles, Rockstar stays smart and makes it one city. But like the topic starter said, make it very detailed and epic. So its more of a bustling , huge, living , growing city with thousands of cars and citizens. I hope they nail the Grimy, dark, polluted city feel that GTA 3 had or this effect might not be had. So in conclusion, yes they should make it one city, but it should include extra land.

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #19
tmac9wr

tmac9wr is on a distinguished roadtmac9wr is on a distinguished road
Well as previous posts have confirmed, it's definitely in Liberty City...Fat Man Jim, that's the same thing as NYC as you seem to be hoping for, it's just got a different name to it.

No matter what city you think this is in, I think we can all agree, this isn't the Liberty City that we all know and love. This is the next generation, this city has a MUCH different look...I think we all know...."Things will be different"....

On another note, in the 3rd frame of the trailer...does anyone see a resemblance to a previous GTA neighborhood? The El Train is missing but the "rowhouse" frame reminds me of the rowhouses that are located across from the Hospital on Portland in between Little Italy and Chinatown, if anyone agrees be sure to speak up! If not, be sure to blow my theory to shit b/c there's absolutely NO basis to my argument haha.

Edit: For the record, I made the "This isn't he Liberty City we all know and love" statement before I saw Himuro said that haha.

Hey by the way, someone said that it says "Visit Vice City for $300" at the beginning of the video...where does it say that? I see something saying $300 in the top left of the corner, but I never see Vice City...is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Last edited by tmac9wr; 03-30-2007 at 12:42 AM..
tmac9wr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #20
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

hmm very similiar I see what your saying.

It looks like the exact same train tracks, and the buildings look the exact same too, but you never know.

Old 03-30-2007   #21
fluff
Dead Milkman

fluff is an unknown quantity at this point
i would like maybe 2 citys at max because 3 was just crap in gta sa
maybe carcer city

Bow chick bow wow
fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #22
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluff
i would like maybe 2 citys at max because 3 was just crap in gta sa
maybe carcer city
That would be nice but how would they fit 3 cities the size of the ones in SA with the update graphics and content onto one disk?

Old 03-30-2007   #23
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeh when I first saw that train in the first scene I thought it looked familiar and thought it was the same place suggested above... I think this is going to be the liberty city we know and love, but built on.

and for the vice city for $300...

maybe R* are going to charge $300 for the episode content, an its going to be vice city hahaha. oh man, that would suck.

The $300 part, not the vice city episode....
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #24
tmac9wr

tmac9wr is on a distinguished roadtmac9wr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana 4 Life
hmm very similiar I see what your saying.

It looks like the exact same train tracks, and the buildings look the exact same too, but you never know.
I see resemblences from this pic to the PS2 versions also....I have a feeling that even though "things will be different" means that we'll be seeing a different Liberty City, I think we'll still recognize certain places. I think this is going to be a Liberty City on steroids...I think I've mentioned on here in previous posts (not for a long time though) that I'd like to see a Liberty City that was generally the same but just made larger than it was, with more neighborhoods, etc.

By the way, nobody's really answered my Vice City question....I'm thinking that it says "Go to Vice City for $300 in the top left of the picture above....is that what everyone else is saying too?
tmac9wr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #25
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr
I see resemblences from this pic to the PS2 versions also....I have a feeling that even though "things will be different" means that we'll be seeing a different Liberty City, I think we'll still recognize certain places. I think this is going to be a Liberty City on steroids...I think I've mentioned on here in previous posts (not for a long time though) that I'd like to see a Liberty City that was generally the same but just made larger than it was, with more neighborhoods, etc.

By the way, nobody's really answered my Vice City question....I'm thinking that it says "Go to Vice City for $300 in the top left of the picture above....is that what everyone else is saying too?
I'll watch the trailer from 0:01 -> 0:04 and see what letters show. All I know is $300, and flyUS are present.

Old 03-30-2007   #26
fluff
Dead Milkman

fluff is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana 4 Life
That would be nice but how would they fit 3 cities the size of the ones in SA with the update graphics and content onto one disk?
i was saying that
3 citys was to big
2 would work
and because carcer is so close they could put it in

Bow chick bow wow
fluff is offline   Reply With Quote