Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2007   #1
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to behold
What names are you thinking of for Cities/Areas?

In most of Rockstar's games they have taking a city/area and given it a new name. What sort of names would you give?
Type of Area?: City, wood etc.
Name?: Missisippi City, Candy groves etc.

Those are some I made up, how about you?
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #2
Pablo Escobar Jr.
Veteran Member

Pablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond repute
Type of Area? City
Name: Amsterdam -> Amstricht (You probably don't get why, it's a fusion of typical Dutch city names)

Hot Buttered Soul
Pablo Escobar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #3
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
San Angeles. thank you Demolition Man

just kiddings
but if it were in detroit it would probably be

Motor City

if it were in Boston it might be
Wire City, or like a synonym for Tough
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #4
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Nope those names are...corny...

It will be a play on a Major city...thats all we will really know until the game is released

I'm gonna say that if London or Europe is used..it will be a play on Europe or The United Kingdom
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #5
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
I'd love Rome as a setting. Or Firenze (Florence). Might be a problem with Italian traffic though
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #6
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
1) State of New Madrid
2) Gateway City
3) City of Bearsburg
4) Arch veiw - suberbs
5) Musicville - City of Rock
6) Tanton -City of baseball
7) Nemphis - City of Preslyland
8) Ranson - City of entertainment & lifestyles
9) Tississippi Vally - region of paddle wheelers an water sports
10) Big lakes region - explore shipwreaks - an-nessy may dewell
11) Motor City - unemployed angry factory workers roam-an cool cars
12) The Big Sneasy- where Madigra is celebrated
13) Steeleton - where football is King -an men are hard
14) Doston - where red is the color of the Day
15) Sa lanta - where BBQ is King - an Falcons soar

Thats all for me...I am just a boy from the sticks ...who likes puddin

Last edited by FG; 03-26-2007 at 06:16 PM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #7
SoReal
Birmingham...uk's ghetto
Newbie Member

SoReal has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i got a feeling its gonna be based in south-america.

a mix between mexico,brazil,columbia,cuba,argetina,hawaii.

maybe something like,Paradise City
SoReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #8
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Hawaii maybe , but Cuba.....thats wacked

Edit: I dont think Aruba has been mentioned. Hey , it might work ! !

Last edited by FG; 03-27-2007 at 07:53 PM..
Old 03-27-2007   #9
FG
CJ would be so proud

I find that sentiment refreashing

I hope IV will have some travel , to other places ( even if its a secrect spot ) like SA`s trip to LC. But , more than one. And you could return there easier once you pass a mission or whatever.

Last edited by FG; 03-27-2007 at 08:08 PM..
Old 03-27-2007   #10
SoReal
Birmingham...uk's ghetto
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonJames
Hmm... I doubt it. Given the general mood of the country right now -- THIS country, that is -- NORTH America.

Not sure if you have been paying attention to Lou Dobbs and O'Reilly, but they are pretty much wiping the mat with illegal immigrants -- most of whom are coming from Mexico. (You may also read it as the illegals are wiping the mat with US -- depending on your point-of-view.)

Colombia isn't a wise choice either. The last time that I checked, they have a communist president. I know, I know -- we have a FASCIST president here at home, but hey -- he is OUR fascist president.

Brazil? Have you SEEN Turistas?

Cuba? I don't think so. Not unless Castro dies -- and even then, probably not...

Argentina? Um...

Hawaii...?! Okay. I'll give you that one.

- James

P.S. Okay -- now I see the disconnect. If you are from the UK, then you obviously don't pay too much attention to American politics. I can understand that. But I'm quite serious when I say that the United States has become pretty unwelcoming toward most hispanics who come from the "land down-under..." NOT meaning Australia... just having a bit of a joke here.

Anyway, peace. Don't take my commentary here as being mean toward you. Again -- just go to CNN.com sometime if you care to catch up on state-side events. Or don't! I my self often busy myself reading news.bbc.co.uk and aljazeera.com -- not to mention guardian.co.uk.
congratulations on over reviewing my ideas lmao

miami (vice city) / new york (liberty city) hardly have great politics but who cares??? im just sayin base the maps on the cities features,history,crime (gangs) so IMO i dont find the fact the country has corrupt politics as much of a issue.

anyway *throws away application for rockstar*

lmao
Old 03-27-2007   #11
FG
CJ would be so proud

Boston an so real ,your both ok. stick to the cities you want in the game.
Like you`ll gave me an idea for , Singapore in the mix somewhere
Old 03-27-2007   #12
SoReal
Birmingham...uk's ghetto
Newbie Member

i was gonna say iraqi but imma wait till james is offline LMFAO
Old 03-27-2007   #13
FG
CJ would be so proud

Hmm...we had the desert in SA ,ha. Maybe you`d like one of those oil Kingdoms in the gulf , Du Bia ... they have all the really neat hotels an resorts.
Old 03-27-2007   #14
SoReal
Birmingham...uk's ghetto
Newbie Member

nah i was just playin but considering it ,why not? lmao

i mean you already have two missions written for you; rob the oil and find bin laden.lol