Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2007   #16
Ian
Grand Theft Manual

Ian is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually, there are some areas in GTA3 that was ommited from SA.

A step backwards if you ask me. It's those little things like water puddles on the roads which added to the atmosphere. Also, the cars get damaged better, in VC and SA, the fenders don't get bent like they are constructed from super alloy or something.

I'd like to see them back and enhanced in IV. And no omissions from later versions too.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #17
Pivac

Pivac is an unknown quantity at this point
I just hope it's not set in real world.

Everything else is ok. Though I would like to see two or three cities with different atmosphere and building stile (like SA), rather than one large city. And some countryside, I really enjoy driving through it.
Old 03-20-2007   #18
Smokeydogg7

Smokeydogg7 is an unknown quantity at this point
i liked the large map in SA
Smokeydogg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #19
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought San Andreas was don all the way through, countryside/urban transitions was spectacular.. if you thought SA sucked because of the countryside then go play crackdown or suthin...

One thing, I worry about for GTAIV is how realistic they will make it, I feel if they make it too real, it may loose that GTA feel.

I also worry that they may set it in the future.... please god no.

peace!
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #20
Gamaya

Gamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the rough
I agree with you but I still want a large map and lots of places to go.
Gamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #21
Skript

Skript is an unknown quantity at this point
imo I would like them to aproach the map in a oblivionish type way (hold flaming)
A huge world, but with more emphasis on each city. Make them huge and making the innards of the city look less generic. More backalleys between buildings, just heaps of subtle features like that. I think the size of the country side of SA was perfect. And perhaps have hidden surprises all throughout the country side such as little houses or (maybe a little too RPGish) but caves that could be used as a hideout etc.
And last of all upgrading the graphics. I know some people complain that it will loose it's trademark arcadish style but if the game resembles some of the fake images i've seen then it would be a definate asset.

Well thats my two cents.
Skript is offline   Reply With Quote