Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2007   #46
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
The gta3.img file is to be found in...

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models

Same location in all 3D GTA games.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007   #47
scarslilpyro
West Coast Gangsta'
Newbie Member

scarslilpyro is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't see anything about modding vehicles yourself
Old 05-20-2007   #48
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarslilpyro
I don't see anything about modding vehicles yourself
Would you like to enlighten on what part is missing?

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #49
dabuckster9000
Newbie Member

dabuckster9000 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just brought sa installed it and downgraded it to v1 and the mods work but in the game there are loads of letters and numbers constantly flashing on the screen please help!!!
dabuckster9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #50
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabuckster9000
I just brought sa installed it and downgraded it to v1 and the mods work but in the game there are loads of letters and numbers constantly flashing on the screen please help!!!
Can you give a screenshot of the error you are getting?

Old 06-11-2007   #51
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Quote:
Remember seeing someone with a similar problem because they were running SA on Vista.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #52
dabuckster9000
Newbie Member

yer im running it on vista . Im gonna install it on my xp pc and see what happens. also do you know how that was fixed or if its unfixable. Thanks for any help and for all help so far.
Old 06-11-2007   #53
dabuckster9000
Newbie Member

even worse on xp i think my graphics card must not be good enough as all the text is solid blocks and most in game graphics (roads, buildings etc) arnt there. Oh woe is me
Old 06-11-2007   #54
Asif
Moderator =)

What is your graphics card anyway? Its driver files seem to be not updated enough.

Old 06-11-2007   #55
dabuckster9000
Newbie Member

screenshot of my vista gta

im afraid i dont know how to find out my graphics card sorry

BTW everything works (mods, game etc) on vista apart from that weird letters thing
Old 06-11-2007   #56
Asif
Moderator =)

Must be problem with the video card driver files.
[Start-> Run -> type 'dxdiag' in the box and press OK -> display tab. Your GFX card information are here]
Then, google on the driver files for the Vista.

Old 06-12-2007   #57
dabuckster9000
Newbie Member

On my xp Its an ATI radeon xpress 200 series with 64mb memory
Old 06-12-2007   #58
Asif
Moderator =)

Search for your driver files over here.
http://ati.de/support/driver.html

Old 06-12-2007   #59
dabuckster9000
Newbie Member

trying that now and also trying to find what my vista one is would a intel centrino duo be it?

EDIT: I've choosen the right package but it gives me these messages when i try to install it: Warning. You have chosen to install catalyst control center. The minimum .Net framework version required is 2.0 Please install before launching application. I click OK it closes and re-opens and then says INF error video driver not found. followed by Setup was unable to complete the instalation. Try to set up your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup and then it all closes.

Also no luck with finding my vista one unless its the intel thing

Last edited by dabuckster9000; 06-12-2007 at 09:36 AM..
Old 06-19-2007   #60
Asif
Moderator =)

Quote:
trying that now and also trying to find what my vista one is would a intel centrino duo be it?

EDIT: I've choosen the right package but it gives me these messages when i try to install it: Warning. You have chosen to install catalyst control center. The minimum .Net framework version required is 2.0 Please install before launching application. I click OK it closes and re-opens and then says INF error video driver not found. followed by Setup was unable to complete the instalation. Try to set up your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup and then it all closes.

Also no luck with finding my vista one unless its the intel thing
Since you are facing difficulties with finding the files for Vista, try installing XP on your laptop in the other partition and install the game there.