Old 03-08-2007   #1
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
The future....

Apologies if this is nothing, or already known, ect...

I decided I would take a look at the old skool GTA sites for 1 and 2..
Currently on the GTA2 site there are 2 times placed opposite each other, one called 'present 7th March 07' and the other called 'The Future 29th March 07'... I havent been to the GTA2 site before, but im sure its not just a coincidence that 'the future' time is the same date of the GTAIV trailer. its probably nothing, but its kinda unusual they would update an old site like that.

Eitherway just check it for yourself....

http://www.rockstargames.com/gta2/frameset.html

Though it would be considered too obvious for R*, I really hope this doesnt mean they are going to set IV in the future....

as I said apologies if this is nothing, delete the thread if necessary.

peace!
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #2
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Wow, I must havent checked the GTA 2 site for a long time. I am sure there was different year last time I checked.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
This is a really interesting find, however, currently for me the top one is "March 9th '07" and bottom is "March 30th '07". Hmm, this is certainly something that could be looked into. I'm going to check web archive to see if the dates were different before.

Last edited by Slim Trashman; 03-08-2007 at 10:44 PM..
Slim Trashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #4
Xeroer

Xeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished road
22 days difference?
Old 03-08-2007   #5
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
You realize the timer keeps going up, right? It's hard to tell if this has anything to do with GTAIV or not. But by the looks of things I'm assuming no.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #6
Xeroer

Xeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished road
Yeah.. I'm just wondering why they chose 22 days difference?

I'm not even thinking it is on the same level as GTA IV, but they must have chose such an odd number for a reason.
Old 03-08-2007   #7
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Just is odd that there's that 22 day difference between the 2 dates.
Old 03-08-2007   #8
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
The site is showing 30th March here already.
According to Wiki, there's a mention about the phrase, "three weeks into the future" in the user manual. I think that's it.
Tomorrow the site will display 1 April, 2007.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Hmm, well I guess that's a case close on this one then. Nice, Asif, but thanks for pointing this out, nOs jOn. It was a good thought.
Old 03-09-2007   #10
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Slim, haha I guess it was just odd timing then, I happened to look at it when it displayed March 29th as the future... ahh well.

I still really hope GTAIV isnt set in the future..
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #11
RubberDuck
Mr Xion
Loyal Member

RubberDuck is on a distinguished roadRubberDuck is on a distinguished roadRubberDuck is on a distinguished road
Me too, but I also hope its not set too far back. Right now (2007) would be nice.
Old 03-09-2007   #12
Xeroer

From memory, I think that is right. The manual for GTA2 or one of those classics does make mention that the game is set "three weeks in the future".

I wonder if GTA IV has a similar time? It could prove interesting.
Old 03-09-2007   #13
Gamaya

Gamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the rough
Interesting find, but I doubt it is in any way linked to GTA IV.
Gamaya is offline   Reply With Quote