Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2007   #16
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Ahh I had thought as much. Because the bank at the start of GTAIII looked like the Bank of AMerica or whatever it's called in NY.

Also Slim, I get this very odd feeling like you'd love a New Jersey setting. For some reason..
Actually that would suck. I just want any big, awesome American city, or a fake state with several American cities. There's nothing really in New Jersey except Camden that would really be decent to throw in GTA.
Old 03-07-2007   #17
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
GTA2 was set in 2013, Carcer City, though it was not actually mentioned in the game. Carcer City is speculated to be New Jersey because of its links with Liberty City and how close it is, Others cities it's rumoured to be based on include Detroit, Chicago, Philadelphia and other cities.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #18
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
So it's still speculation that GTA2 is set in Carcer City? I don't remember any proof from playing GTA2 (which I played alot).
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #19
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk
<3 you for mentioning the irish.
+Rep.
That's because I am Irish

(btw to those interested in The Black Donnellys, it's a new series about four Irish brothers involved in organized crime fighting against the Italians moving in on their neighborhood. If you like the GTA stories and organize crime movies then you'll love this. You can see all of the episodes online at the official site.)
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #20
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
My friend likes that show, but I think only because his last name is Donnelly
Old 03-07-2007   #21
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
God forbid that GTA4 will be set in the future. At least no more than 5 years from now. I would vomit just at the thought of flying cars and lazerguns.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #22
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't see it being set in the future, mainly because the soundtrack is such a big part of the game... if it was set in the future they would have to either pay artists to record an entirely new soundtrack, or create a new one from unknown artists... or just have stations playing 'old' music, just seems like a big sacrifice to pay in order to have a futuristic GTA.
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #23
m_richy66
I hate censorship!

m_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enough
I still have my money set on London. I would be very surprised if its not
m_richy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #24
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
I would actually be quite surprised to see London as the setting. R* is making a whole new game here, and by going back to old ideas doesn't really seem to be their way. I could put money on London not beeing the main location for GTA 4. Besides, it's not really original. It's been done before, over and over.

Either way, if London is it, it will only be based on London.
Old 03-07-2007   #25
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86
So it's still speculation that GTA2 is set in Carcer City? I don't remember any proof from playing GTA2 (which I played alot).
I've never heard of GTA 2 setting in Carcer City. It was just described as an unnamed metropolis having residential, downtown and industrial sector.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #26
The top Don

The top Don is an unknown quantity at this point
i think it will be set in a fictional place
The top Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #27
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

It WILL be a fictional place, but it will most likely be based on some real city/state/country.