Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2007   #1
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
GTA IV Info: Possibly this month?

Jordan over at PlanetGTA has brought up a good point to keep in mind. Exactly 3 years ago today, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas was officially announced (woo happy 3 year announcement anniversary), but more importantly, this could mean Rockstar will be releasing the first bits of information us eager fans of the series sometime in the next 30 days of March. According to PlanetGTA, an announcement is expected this month, but there is no source to prove that fact. However, keep in mind with GDC coming up next week, and according to some gaming news sites, Sony has stated that next Wednesday (March 7th) PS3 owners/fans will be very happy. Could this be GTA IV related? Possibly, but there was never a hint of GTA IV being a part for this supposed happiness to come next week, but just something to keep in mind.

From here on, we'll have to wait and see and before you know it we'll have our very own copies of GTA IV to cherish.
Old 03-01-2007   #2
CaliMex
Call me CMX for short.

CaliMex is on a distinguished roadCaliMex is on a distinguished roadCaliMex is on a distinguished road
Yeah I read that on his site too. I had the same thought all up in my subconscious or whatever. I was waiting for this month, even moreso with the upcoming release of VCS on PS2. I hope they begin to leak GTA IV info all over us this month. Ewwww, I said it... uh, ewwww.

I'm still not sure if I'm even going to get it for the PS3 seeing as the 360 is an option but I still want a PC release. If Sony wants my money they better make a great announcement. After that, I may buy GTA IV for PS3 but we (or just me) shall see.

Also, I have to add a "wow" because it's been 3 years since SA was announced! I never really thought about that.

Last edited by CaliMex; 03-01-2007 at 06:01 PM..
CaliMex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #3
Pivac

Pivac is an unknown quantity at this point
Its really amazing how they are able to keep all GTA IV info as a secret all this time.
Ahh, cant wait for first info and screenshots... Sometimes new info and screens can be as enjoyable as actually playing the game, hehe.
Pivac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #4
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
@Calimex, I'm not really sure if that Sony announcement has anything to do with GTA IV, just something to point out as there's always that possibility that it does.

@Pivac, there's no doubt in my mind that they're not eager to do so
Old 03-01-2007   #5
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Nice find..^...ST... march will be a good time ,we hope. An__Happy Brithday__ for SA !
Old 03-01-2007   #6
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Well not necessarily its birthday, technically that would be on the 26th of October, but the announcement anniversary today
Old 03-01-2007   #7
CaliMex
Call me CMX for short.

CaliMex is on a distinguished roadCaliMex is on a distinguished roadCaliMex is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
@Calimex, I'm not really sure if that Sony announcement has anything to do with GTA IV, just something to point out as there's always that possibility that it does.
What I was trying to say was that if Sony announced some great new titles, console price drop, etc. then it would edge me closer to buying a PS3. I'm more or less neutral on which system to buy and I would be more inclined to buy GTA IV for the system that I would have. I may even decide to get both systems in the future but I would buy the game for only one of the systems. Also, if there is a PC version then I might buy that instead of any console version. It wouldn't matter which system I would have then. If Sony wants my money, their announcement doesn't have to be about GTA IV but it has to be something good. I hope I made sense here.

Also, I jumped on the "happy birthday" wagon too by saying it came out 3 years ago. It's post fixing time.

Last edited by CaliMex; 03-01-2007 at 06:05 PM..
CaliMex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #8
War-Pig

War-Pig is an unknown quantity at this point
For some reason I just think it would be cool if Rockstar didn't say anything at all about GTA IV until this trailer. And I think its going to be like that as well, why else would they hype up the trailer so much?
War-Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #9
gtachuggy

gtachuggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice find, and the offical GTA website has a countdown to the first trailer! I cant wait!

@Slim Trashman: Nice sig!
Old 03-02-2007   #10
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
I'm actually surprised nothing has been leaked in the magazines yet.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #11
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Yes. As I've stated in numerous threads, this will be known as Magical March, making all GTA fans dreams come true with loads of info and screens related to GTA IV.

Hurrah to all 360 and PS3 owners, welcome to the new era!

Last edited by phreak; 03-03-2007 at 01:00 PM..
phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #12
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Hehe, the funny thing is I too, like Jordan at PlanetGTA, was predicting info/media to debut March at the earliest
Old 03-02-2007   #13
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I'm thinking that the Information flood will begin after the trailer is released. Then R would probably give pictures and slight hints/spoilers or etc
Old 03-02-2007   #14
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Man we need Jordan over here, he works so hard with news coverage, that's something GTAGaming could use.

It must kinda suck for him because his forums are sooo...dull.
Old 03-02-2007   #15
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Yeah, but he spends most of his time over at GTAForums anyway. Definitely is one of the hardest working GTA fansite admins around, and all those videos, etc he creates for the community, very cool stuff.