Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2007   #31
Don
Random Member

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtachuggy
I like all the ideas mentioned so far, but Ive had an online idea, basically, you spawn in the map with thousands of others (MMO), but the players have effects on the map, eg gang a is a mafia type, so their turf becomes mafia styled etc. I also think it would be good if you could buy property online from money you earn in single player mode, and customise it. You could use it as a base of operations, and keep your cars, weapons etc here. Mind you, you could go it alone and become a hired killer, wasting people online for cash......
Cool ideas but, I don't think it would really 'suit' GTA to become one of those huge online games. Online multiplayer is cool, but not with thousands of people
Old 02-21-2007   #32
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
mmorpg ftl

Stick to action. I want some good firm death match games. Maybe a CTF match. I could imagine it right now.
Player01 has stolen your flag
*Static hunts the person down in a hunter*
The flag as been returned

grimmy is a gay icon
Old 02-21-2007   #33
ivar87
CLOVER ROCKER
Amateur Member

ivar87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic
mmorpg ftl

Stick to action. I want some good firm death match games. Maybe a CTF match. I could imagine it right now.
That ain't gta man. Something similar to SA-MP would be cool and fitting to the theme of the game (GTA in general).

- Usable trunk. Different size for every car. Every item (dead bodies, rocks, crates whatever) has a fixed size, and then it can be put into a trunk that can fit it. Take a truck and you can put your bike there with ease and transport it. Put a dead body or dead bodies in the trunk, dump the load. Awesome. Weapons too.
- PLEASE normal steering. GTASA's steering was crazy.
- Stronger cars. It's really REALLY hard to drive one single car without sprayshop from one end of the map to the other (without dents).
- Ability to kidnap people. Like with a minivan. But you have to have a friend recruited, who's in the back and pulls the person in. You're the driver.
- The same aiming method that was used in SA's PC version. That rocked.
- Bulletholes, in people, cars and walls/trees/etc
- Better sprites for gunfire
There's more things, but they're either mentioned already or for some reason I don't think about them right now.

I know these will definately not be in it ever, but still, worth a try
- Wildlife. All kinds of different animals. Land and sea.
- Different ages for people. From infant to almost dead.

Last edited by ivar87; 02-21-2007 at 02:31 PM..
Old 02-21-2007   #34
Don
Random Member

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic
mmorpg ftl

Hell no

I would hate that.
Old 02-21-2007   #35
elyit
PS3 fan
Newbie Member

elyit is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
By Ivar87 "- Ability to kidnap people. Like with a minivan. But you have to have a friend recruited, who's in the back and pulls the person in. You're the driver."
one question...........Why?, itd be fun like once then itd just get odd and tedious. the other ideas were simple yet effective though

so back to having a favourite weapon then! whats ppls thoughts on this True crime appraoch i reckon it could really take off, cos doesnt everyone find it frustrating when you get to a point where youre getting beaten up by a civillian with a spade only cos youve run out weapons, but you know youre really good at the game WHHYY ??
Old 02-21-2007   #36
ivar87
CLOVER ROCKER
Amateur Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyit
one question...........Why?, itd be fun like once then itd just get odd and tedious. the other ideas were simple yet effective though
Get money and have fun. YOu can do lots of things with kidnapped people. You can sell their organs on the black market, slavery, prostitution and even just ransom. FUn new way to collect some monies.
I'd like it anyways
Old 02-21-2007   #37
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Dont know if this idea has been posted, what about a side mission of being a bounty hunter, to obviously make money, there would be clues to the offenders whereabouts and when captured, you take them to a cop shop.
Old 02-21-2007   #38
ivar87
CLOVER ROCKER
Amateur Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Clansman:.
Dont know if this idea has been posted, what about a side mission of being a bounty hunter, to obviously make money, there would be clues to the offenders whereabouts and when captured, you take them to a cop shop.
"Extended Vigilante Mode"
Old 02-22-2007   #39
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
ManHunt's stealth system, Make it so you can flex from the cops and hide in someones backyard and if the cop doesn't see you jump the fence he will continue to run down the street. But if he see's you jump it he will jump it too, Because i hated how i would hide from the cops in SA only to be spotted quicker then a topless women at the beach.

I want to be able to climb building by using window ledges and anything that stick out from wall to climb, Simlar to SA but more like Crackdown.

Blood Spray

A Navy Seals team that comes after you if the army cant catch you when you have 6 stars.

A small Navy boat (with cannons) that you can steal (but it would be hard) or if you have 6 stars and are in a boat it will come after you. Or if you are on land it will hang around off shore and maybe drop off the SEALS.

More Vehicles.

More Weather conditions.

Peds that murder, rob, steal and sell you stuff on the streets.
Old 03-01-2007   #40
ivar87
CLOVER ROCKER
Amateur Member

One more thing that would ROCK so much is the DarknessTV. It's a system used in the awesome game called The Darkness. Basically it's like this: every TV that is seen in the game shows real movies, cartoons, tvshows etc. Now think how awesome it would be, if you try to rob someones home in GTA4 and see what they're watching behind the window. Real shows, kids watching toons (lol, i wish), groups of dudes watching sports together and having beers. All that in GTA. Rawr.
Old 03-02-2007   #41
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

JMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond repute
I've thought about this a lot, and while this seems like a lot, this isn't the entire thought process of what I want in GTA IV.
  • Ragdoll physics. I was told they were going to be in SA, and they weren't. Now, there's no excuse for R* not putting them in.
  • Mafia theme. I hated the "OG/rapper/hood" theme of SA. Bring back what worked: black suits, mobsters, and hitmen.
  • Instead of a rediculously-enormous area to play in, quality over quantity. Keep it down to a single city, but make it very detailed. Also, add dynamic changes to the scenery over time, such as snow, avalanches (if mountains are present), etc. Hell, even have changes by missions, like in LCS, when the player bombed the building, except on a larger scale, and perhaps make it go insanely detailed.
  • Character creation. Saint's Row did it. Your turn, R*. Hell, I'll even take just a few different people to play as, ala Crackdown and The Getaway.
  • Improved fighting system. Nothing too major, just something that gives me a great feeling when I kick someone's ass, like in Dark Messiah: Might and Magic.
  • Online multiplayer. R*, everyone's begged for it, and if it could be tweaked to be applicable, MMO GTA would be simply amazing.
Old 03-02-2007   #42
passage
If it ain't raw, it's worthless.

passage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nice
What I really want is for the cops to actually chase people committing crimes-but not the scripted shit that was in SA.

i.e someone jacks your car, he triggers a wanted level on himself, appropriate cops come.
Old 03-02-2007   #43
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
The most important thing to me is the surroundings in the city. I really hope they put effort into making it feel like a real life city. f.ex:

- Rush hours.
- People sitting on cafeterias, buying groceries, getting home from cinemas.
- A "living" Downtown, not practicly deserted like earlier GTA's

Open ended missions:
- Like Crackdown, I'd like to see enemy gangs get weaker if you take out their weapon supply.
- I'd like to see more missions a'la the killing Salvatore one in GTA3. You get a time to kill a dude, but you can do it however you wish.

and of course SNOW!!
Old 03-02-2007   #44
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
I'm hoping we'll get some great weather effects. Not seasons, just the odd huge thunderstorm or something.
Old 03-02-2007   #45
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
One of the biggest things I want is better integration of npc's. I don't just want npc's that are doing nothing but walking to random places, and I can't tell one npc from another because they all have similar skins. I'd like to interact with them, and if I can't do that, I'd at least like to be able to have subtitles so I can here the what the fuck they say. Since I have a slight hearing problem I can't always get the jokes they say unless I turn my volume all the way up.

I want npc's to actually have lives. This was implemented in GTASA, but it could be done better. I've kinda been ruined by Shenmue. In that game every single npc had a name, they had a daily routine and place to stay. They all had their own daily routine (such as buy groceries, go to work, fish;etc.) and it was fun interacting with them. Shit like that, is what helps create the most amazing atmosphere, and I really hope Rockstar does something to implement that. It would be hard work, but oh man, would the benefits rock.

One of my biggest problems with the other 3d GTA's was that the npc's were totally lifeless and boring. I don't know. I never gave them a second thought, and while I'm probably wishing for something that's more rpg-ish, I think GTA would benefit. It would be cool if you could kill these people you just happened to meet on the street that you formed a connection with, and see the effects of your actions, rather than killing with no consequences whatsoever other than a statistics screen increase, and the fuzz hot on your tail. I wouldn't want something like this with every npc in the game, because that'd be overkill, but to be able to interact with just a few would be nice.

Last edited by Himuro; 03-02-2007 at 07:08 PM..
Closed Thread