Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2006   #16
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Suppose I better post some pics btw the low frame rate, I had a few other things running in the background...

Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #17
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Here comes night view of the Gant bridge.

Compare it with the daylight view.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #18
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
When i try to install the weather mod i get this error... ?

.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #19
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
I've installed it in manual way. I never trust on installers.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #20
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
All the installer does is add those files you can manually put in, but it also replaces text to increase draw distance of night effects such as windows on buildings. it also changes when they "activate", so they turn on at the appropriate time.

EDIT: I've updated the zip file so now you can have the added draw distance for night effects and install them manually if you wish.

Last edited by rcguy150; 10-29-2006 at 11:47 AM..
rcguy150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #21
Flip
Hi.

Flip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enough
Say, RCGuy, I saw some difference. The blood textures are changed, and the clouds (the big ones you'll see when you're high in the sky) also changed. Was that a surprise or something? However, they're better than the original, thanks.

Great mod.
Old 10-30-2006   #22
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
The blood wasn't supposed to be included. I forgot I had that installed I have removed it. The clouds, however, were just another fix I forgot to mention. Enjoy the freebie blood fix, haha.

So anyway, i'm trying to change some night effect in Los Santos. I felt that the "very smoggy" nights wernt well...hazy enough. I have this real photo taken as inspiration, and I'd like to know what you guys think:

Here's the real image

And here's in-game:

Thoughts?
Old 10-30-2006   #23
Pablo Escobar Jr.
Veteran Member

Pablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond repute
I gotta say, It looks pretty much like the picture.

Hot Buttered Soul
Pablo Escobar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006   #24
Rylo
Legendary Mem- Oh wait :(
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough
Looks good. I had the first, so I'll download this new one.

Edit: Ok, so when it says put the maps folder in the data folder, does it mean replace the existing "maps" folder that is in there?
Rylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006   #25
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

If you have windows XP or whatever, it will only replace the files that are included. For example, your original folder contains files A, B, and C. The mod replaces files A and B. If you drag your new folder, and accept the replace prompt, it should only replace files A and B and leave file C alone. Understand?
Old 11-02-2006   #26
Rylo
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough
Well I've already replaced the timecyc.dat and the particle.txd files, this is the last I'm doing. I don't really get it, unless you are referring the folders A B and C are the timecyc.dat file, etc.
Old 11-02-2006   #27
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

A b c represent files inside the maps folder that is in the data folder. Meaning, "replacing" the maps folder will only replace the files inside of it that i have included.
Old 11-02-2006   #28
Rylo
Banned

Oh, alright. I get you now. So it's alright to "replace", or delete the current maps folder and put yours in?

I'm truly sorry if I am making this difficult for you. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to modding.
Old 11-02-2006   #29
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

ooh no dont delete it! Then you'd have missing files and the game will crash. Just "replace" it.

But just in case anything goes wrong, backup the maps folder before doing anything to it.
Old 11-02-2006   #30
Rylo
Banned

Ok I've done it. Sorry for the inconvenience. Awesome update to your version 1, I'm really impressed. +rep for you, man.