Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > General Series Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2006   #1
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Some interesting things I've found in the VCS trailer.

Well I was browsing through the trailer when I came across these things.

First off notice the baracade on the bridge, could this suggest that you start on the 2nd island this time around?

Notice the side cafe that used to be in little havana is gone, it is now replaced by a new shop and it doesn't look to be accessible this time around. Also the cherry popper factory doesn't appear to have any errrmmm ''ice cream'' scoops on top, could this suggest that there was no cherry popper in 1984?

Notice the rockstar sign in the background. Could this be a celeverly placed easter egg for the trailer or is it going to be in game? Also, notice there is no VCN building meaning that we will be likely to not be seeing the famous Easter Egg ''Easter egg''.

Edit: Also it looks like one of the dead guys on the floor is the army guy that is talking to you earlier in the trailer.

EDIT2 It apears that corner shop has the word ''ciggarette'' on the sign. And since it's near little havana could it be some kind of cigar store?

Edit3:
Fixed some dreadfull spelling errors.

Last edited by Lynk; 09-06-2006 at 01:44 PM..
Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #2
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
Nice finds that first one is very interesting it could be that we start on the second island, but it could also just could be that R* was using a game with no progress to do the demo and thats why the barricades are still there.
Old 09-06-2006   #3
I'm a Robot
Look down the barrel and
Loyal Member

I'm a Robot is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk
Well I was browsing through the trailer when I came across these things.

First off notice the baracade as the bridge, could this suggest that you start on the 2nd island this time around?

Notice the side cafe that used to be in like havana is gone, it is now replaced by a new shop and it doesn't look to be accessible this time around. Also the cherry popper factory doesn't appear to have any errrmmm ice cream scoops on top, could this suggest that there was no cherry popper in 1984?

Notice the rockstar sign in the background. Could this be a celievery placed easter egg for the trailer or is it going to be in game? Also, notice there is no VCN building meaning that we will be likely to not be seeing the famous Easter Egg ''Easter egg''.

Edit: Also it looks like one of the dead guys on the floor is the army guy that is talking to you earlier in the trailer.

EDIT2 It apears that corner shop has the word ''ciggarette'' on the sign. And since it's near little havana could it be some kind of cigar store?
Great Finds now i will have to watch the trailer again to see if i notice these things.
I'm a Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #4
redddread
Redd

redddread can only hope to improve
I didn't even notice them. Lol.
redddread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #5
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Also look at what the dead guy on the left is wearing. The same clothes Diego Mendez is wearing in his Artwork. Its possibly him.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #6
Sleepernaut
Banned
Banned

Sleepernaut will become famous soon enoughSleepernaut will become famous soon enoughSleepernaut will become famous soon enoughSleepernaut will become famous soon enoughSleepernaut will become famous soon enoughSleepernaut will become famous soon enoughSleepernaut will become famous soon enoughSleepernaut will become famous soon enough
You have time on your hands lol
Sleepernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #7
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
The cigarrette sign could lead to a possibility of smoking being featured in the game. Perhaps yet another secret way to boost your health (shaking car, eating?).
Old 09-06-2006   #8
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Good finds, Lynk
Old 09-07-2006   #9
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Nice find with the tralier, Lynky.
From the first pic, it really seems those are the blockades preventing you to move to the first island. Must be a clue that, you're starting from the 2nd island.

About the 3rd Pic, I think you've got slightly a wrong concept out of it. The VCN building is actually behind the building where all the action happened and that couldnt came up into the screen.
Here are the comparisons...

VCS

VC

And, I guess all of those actions happened on this --> <-- building, looks quite spaceous to hold the action.
(notice, that parabolic dish may not be there in VCS)

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #10
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I assume everyone noticed that Leaf Links is in the game having watched the trailer - at least now we know.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #11
Larry Novellino
Larry Novellino - Waconia High School, Minnesota

Larry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the rough
Great finds Lynk, I was planning on inspecting that trailer tonight
Larry Novellino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #12
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks everybody, just noticed that one of my pics was posted on GTAVice under the name GrimFaith.

Last edited by Lynk; 09-07-2006 at 05:47 PM..
Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #13
CaliMex
Call me CMX for short.

CaliMex is on a distinguished roadCaliMex is on a distinguished roadCaliMex is on a distinguished road
Wow, does that mean that someone else jacked your pic? Let's jump him! Anyway, nice finds and I agree that the guy on the left in the last pic looks like Diego (like victim said) and the guy on the right could be the soldier (like Lynk said) you see in the trailer.

Looking at the cigarette shop, I wonder if the other shops were replaced, specifically the ones that you could rob. Do you think that the robbing feature will not be implemented in the game like in Vice City perhaps?

Cookies!

Edited:
Oh yes, so they are one in the same (Lynk and GrimFaith), thanks phreak, no more looking a dumb fool for me. Let's help Lynk jump himself then.

Last edited by CaliMex; 09-07-2006 at 10:01 PM..
CaliMex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #14
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
It's possible that robbing might return. After all LCS shared alot with GTA3 in terms of unique features. Like fences that would fall down instead of shattering as in SA.

Also, don't you just love the sparkle that the water has in the trailer! Nice!
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #15
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk
Thanks everybody, just noticed that one of my pics was posted on GTAVice under the name GrimFaith.
Gotta love people like GrimFaith

Again, Lynk, nice finds. And Asif, nice comparisons.