Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > General Series Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2006   #1
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
VCS Website & Trailer

From the main page.

The official (and very flashy!) Vice City Stories website is up! Along with the first trailer, and some other... totally rad! bits of information. You can check it all out here.

So far, the game looks very advanced, and graphically amazing for the PSP. The music in the trailer really fits Vice City, so the game's soundtrack seems promising! Not to mention the voice actors sound great! Definitely more updates soon.
Old 09-06-2006   #2
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
I hope the next update is on just 3 weeks later, say 26th September.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #3
elias01

This is soo awesome

I can't wait for the game to come out, I like that song, Foreigner - I want to know what love is.

I think this game is going to rock...

well it's made by rockstar...
Old 09-06-2006   #4
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
A few new or now confirmed facts-
-"I Wanna Know What Love Is" from early-80s rock band Foreigner plays in the background and will feature in the game.
-The site also confirmed that Vice City Stories will indeed have multiplayer, but had no details yet.
-The Web site also has a brief promotional trailer for disco channel Paradise FM and rock station V-Rock, which will once again feature the character of DJ Lazlo.
-Also included are reports on the so-called "Trailer Park Mafia" taking over some of Vice City's poorer districts
-Once Vice City voice actor that does appear to be returning in VCS is Danny Trejo (Heat, Desperado). His character, Cuban gangster Umberto Robina, appears in the trailer
-Diaz will return as he's in the trailer.
-Lance looks rather nerdy and is beleived to be a drug addict in this game.
-A guy who looks alot like a younger Mike Toreno makes an appearance in the trailer but im not 100% sure its him.
-Leaf Links is in the game as speculated

Also included on the site are several mock news stories, including one for the "Bait and Switch" Vice City boat show and the "Domestebot" home robot from Vice City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStar
Vice City, 1984. Opportunity abounds in a city emerging from the swamps, its growth fueled by the violent power struggle in a lucrative drug trade. Construction is everywhere as a shining metropolis rises from foundations of crime and betrayal.

As a soldier, Vic Vance has always protected his dysfunctional family, his country, [and] himself. One bad decision later and that job is about to get much harder. Kicked out onto the streets of a city torn between glamour and gluttony, Vic is faced with a stark choice--build an empire or be crushed
Old 09-06-2006   #5
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry
The Web site also has a brief promotional trailer for disco channel Paradise FM and rock station V-Rock, which will once again feature the character of DJ Lazlo.
Who told you that? It's Couzin Ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry
Also included are reports on the so-called "Trailer Park Mafia" taking over some of Vice City's poorer districts
I've speculated the place already.

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/show...21#post1310421

Old 09-06-2006   #6
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Look closer on the website Asif. It says Couzin Ed and Intern Lazlow.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #7
Asif
Moderator =)

Ah Thanks victim, How I missed that! ;P
Lazlow wont be talking that much as before I guess, Couzin Ed is looking much more dominative here.

Also...
WAV 103 is having Adam First again; This time with a lady Trish Camden, will nag all the time, as it seems .

Last edited by Asif; 09-06-2006 at 02:52 AM..
Old 09-06-2006   #8
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
It seems like Couzin Ed and Lazlow are shaping up to be like Andee and Cliff from Lips 106 in Liberty. Also the addition of Trish Camden should be awesome because she's british and Wave 103 seems to be focused on Brit New Wave music.

Also I noticed in the trailer Vic wore alot of different coloured polo shirts. As I said in another thread it would be good if you would be able to buy lots of different pre-set outfits inside different retailers in Vice. Each retailer has specialty outfits, such as beachware. And youd be able to change at your safehouse similar to the way in San Andreas only with LCS elements like a simple icon but once you enter the icon you have different stores then each store has the pre-sets inside (like a simplified San Andreas clothing System which runs alot faster).
Old 09-06-2006   #9
Asif
Moderator =)

All I could noticed from the trailer and all screenshots, he was wearing 3 different tops and 3 different bottoms.

Snap1
Snap2
Snap3
Snap4

But this jet-ski one is completely different though.

Old 09-06-2006   #10
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
I recognised a few other tunes on Wave 103 as being...

Japan - Quite life

Yazoo - Dont go

Human League - Love action

They are definetly good examples of the retro 80's music scene.

Last edited by .:nemesis:.; 09-06-2006 at 03:42 AM..
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #11
victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif
All I could noticed from the trailer and all screenshots, he was wearing 3 different tops and 3 different bottoms.

Snap1
Snap2
Snap3
Snap4

But this jet-ski one is completely different though.
Which provens my point really. Like you dont see the same pair of pants twice. Or you dont see the same pair of pants with a different shirt.

Edit: Ive also noticed the re-modelled Vic. His head dosn't seem as round any more. Which is cool. He looks meaner now.

Last edited by victim; 09-06-2006 at 04:06 AM..
Old 09-06-2006   #12
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
i also noticed Holy Diver by Dio for the V-Rock. Man i love those radiostation teasers.

Last edited by T-Virus; 09-06-2006 at 04:13 AM..
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #13
victim

I was re-watching the trailer just then and when I heard Vic talk when he says' "Probably not," to the guy that asks him if he's trustworthy. He does actually have a South American tone to his voice. Although it's mainly black. Still, has anyone recognised his voice yet? because I really dont think it's Ving Rhames.
Old 09-06-2006   #14
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Hahaha....just seen the ad for Camus Jeans but it's pronounced " camo " which is of course another of R* little quirks to sexual references.

Last edited by .:nemesis:.; 09-06-2006 at 05:01 AM..
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #15
Asif
Moderator =)

By the way, R* has uploaded their trailer on youtube.com. I should have checked in much before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FfbOCLzgp4